Poor system performance

Elias Stassinos

Hi list!

Without any obvious reason the system for the past 2 days is very slow, and i mean just to make a shipment confirmation or a purchase order approval takes 3 minutes....

Even when i am the only user logged on inside.

The "usuals" seem ok..I mean processor usage on the i5 or the Citrix Terminal Servers is normal.

What else i should look into?

And just because this occured, where can i start searching for performance monitoring tools specifically for DB2 and JDE? is there anything out there?

We've suffered with mysterious slowdowns in the past, although never extended over multiple days, or for a single user. We've tracked a number of them down to issues with our Citrix servers (winlogon.exe seems to cause a lot of problems). Since you have normal processor usage on both our i5 and Citrix servers, that's probably not your issue.

Centerfield Technology (www.centerfieldtechnology.com) has a number of performance monitoring tools, including some that are specifically for JDE on the i5.

Hi Elias,

Is debug or log active in your JDE.INI (whether server,
Web or clients)? That could explain that slow behaviour.

We've occassionally experienced performance problems like your describing. Our method of diagnosing them is to place a fat client into debug and look for long running statements. In our case it usually came back to an SQL statement which then required the ususal, shut down, delete sql packages, restart process that is occassionally a good thing to do.

We had several issues with a media objects table as I recall which required further action but I don't remember the precise detail.

Hope this helps.

Hi!

No the jde.ini files in the terminal servers are ok. everything is in order.

We dont have web clients .we are only using FAT clients and Citrix.

Sometime yesterday afternoon, the system began to run in normal speeds, without me doing everything special. this is somewhat alarming to me.

so i checked at jdetips.com and the site you gave me above and i can see 2 solutions for monitoring and troubleshooting which seem to be good.

Is there anyone here that is using either of these tools to tell me if it worth buying them?

thanks.

Back