Excel Upload

daveschultz

Well Known Member
Does anyone have experience using the Excel uploads, for example P4101Z1? We are on 8.12 running OAS on Windows 2003 server. Everytime we try to run this with around 500 records, we can load into the preview, but then when we hit OK, it maxes out the instance. The web server is not locked up, just the instance with the upload. After that finally goes through, and the records are in the grid, when it goes to populate the table, it says it is processing, but then never finishes and the user eventually has to X out of the syste. At this same time in my global-application.log I get several of these errors:
dms: Software caused connection abort: socket write error.

Oracle says they won't support uploading more than 250 records (which wouldn't be too bad if all we were going to have to do was the 500), but I just can't beleieve that noone is using these apps without more than 250 records.

Thanks

I'm have a few clients that are uploading 100's of lines.

If you want to do this you'll need to cluster the environment so that one person does not take everyone down.

Also you can tune the JVM's in so many ways.

What's your heap size and JVM arguments?

Colin

Colin,

The heap size is 1280MB. I'm not sure what the JVM arguments you are asking about are.

Thanks for any help you can provide

You may want to look at our commercial product EASYProcess. You can easily implement an excel based data integration solution without any restriction on the number of records. There are video demos on our site to show you.

You might also want to look at the time out values for the JAS Server. If it takes a while to process the records, the client may have timed out waiting for the process to finish.

Thank you for your replies. I don't think we are interested in purchasing a commercial product for this.

I have checked the timeouts, and we are getting disconnected before any of the timeouts have been hit.

Taking one last stab at it ...

In the [JDENET] section of the JAS.INI file, do you have an entry for enterpriseServerTimeout? If so, is it set to 90000 (the default)? This means that the HTML client waits 1.5 minutes for a reply before calling the process hung, and I'm wondering if maybe your uploads stop after this time period?

Try setting this one a bit higher to see if it helps.

It is currently set to default. I will try to increase it. Thanks.

You can upload more than 500 rows without getting the message by adding this entry to your JAS.INI:

[OWWEB]
ImportExportErrorLimit=1000

This is supported starting tools release 8.96.2.0.

Back