R09801 Picking up docs from unrelated batch

SheilaV

We are experiencing an increasing incidence of an interactively submitted Post (R09801) picking up documents from totally unrelated batches and posting them without creating the automatic entries. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Some information.....
There is no R09801E created when this occurs.
Only the F0911 records are flagged as posted, F0411 records are still in a status that requires them to be posted.
The unrelated batch has not been approved for posting.
The JDE Log shows nothing out of the ordinary.
There are no error messages written to the Employee Work Center.
We are using ZJDE versions of R09801.
Batch numbers are not sequential, nor are doc numbers.
The occurrence does not seem to mix batch types (i.e. a V batch will only pick up records from another V batch, a G batch will only pick up records from other G batches.)
The post of the unrelated documents may not be all records from the batch.
The posting queue allows up to 5 post jobs to be running at the same time.

Oracle has been unable to come up with a solution. We have been unable to re-create the circumstances that cause this to occur.

We have become efficient in locating the affected batches by running a query for posted records by batch not summing to zero. The affected batch is flagged to post out of balance - any missing AE entries for inter-company transactions are created manually.

Feedback on possible causes would be appreciated.

Thanks

Good Morning,

I have not encountered this precise problem before - however the only
time that we encounter issues with R09801 have been when it was not in a
single threaded queue. Is it possible that this could be the problem?

Regards
Colleen B

Re: RE: R09801 Picking up docs from unrelated batch

Thanks for the suggestion that the problem might be because we are running our posts in a multi-threaded queue. The documentation that I have located indicates that we should be able to post multi-threaded (currently set at max # of 5).

A single threaded queue would essentially stop our business - we are on track this year to create in excess of 100,000 batches.

Sheila,
I have to agree with Colleen on this. I have had similar problems in the past when not posting through a single-threaded queue. I can see that you would have a problem with the volume of business you do, but there is no reason you can't have several single-threaded queues.

Sheila,

per Oracle document oti-00-0156 (UBEs which must be run through single-threaded job queues), R09801 SHOULD BE run single-threaded.

There is an exception allowed if you use data selection (i.e. different versions) to prevent simultaneous jobs from selecting/processing the same batches. Do this by having different versions select on batch type and/or user id. Also include the standard data selection for approved batches only to prevent possible selection of batches which are at an in-use status because they are already in the process of being posted.

Janice,
running the same UBE in several single-threaded queues is the same thing as multi-threaded.

I do agree with other replies. Even we had encounterd this kind of issue when we use to post batches in scheduler with multi-thread queue. Since we changed our posting through single threaded queue, we are out of the problem

Finally, we got an Oracle techie to respond. As it turns out, he believes that we need to apply two ESUs - JE 10609 (for SAR 6513122) and JE 10210 (to deal with the P0011 Event Rules that are out of date in our release).

Now we have to decide if we are willing to live with the problem or apply the ESUs. Thanks to all who responded that a single threaded queue was the answer.

Back