Menus Not Displaying Properly And Applications On Strike

Aiming4theFoot

I recently did a data refresh from production to development. In the midst of everything, I accidentally deleted the DEVCTL tablespace datafile. I recreated the file through Oracle Enterprise Manager and imported the data from production. Now when you login on to the FAT client, no menus show up at all. You can open applications via fast path, but you get an error dialog that says: Call to JDB_SelectKeyed failed. In the client jde log I get messages like this:
3200/2848 Wed Jul 11 18:41:45 2007 dbcolind.c133
OCI0000017 - Unable to execute statement for describe - SELECT * FROM DEVDTA.F7306 WHERE ( VQSY = :KEY1 )

3200/2848 Wed Jul 11 18:41:45 2007 dbcolind.c140
OCI0000018 - Error - ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

I am able to access these tables on the same client and on the Enterprise server via SQLPlus w/ NO problem at all. I checked the alert log on the Oracle server and there arent any funny messages there. The only way I can reproduce these errors in SQLPlus is to login to another database instance. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 122694-jde.txt
    27.6 KB · Views: 154
Maybe, Table Owner Differences?
The JDE DataSources specify the Table owner when used to retrieve data. Production Tables have a different owner to Development.

I've looked at the file system permissions and they seem to be in order. There are only three people including myself that have the ability to change any kind of permissions inside One World and they assure me they havent made any changes. I've looked through the database and can find no changes (there are only two people who can make those changes including myself and the other guy claims to have changed nuthin').

Actually, I take back my last post. I was looking through the client debug log and realized I was logging into SQLPlus as the wrong user. When I did, I got the same message as is in the JDE log. Will the permissions be reapplied if I deny and then grant the roles in Oracle again? This account has no system or object privileges; its just assigned two roles.

Thanks to Alex on the solution for this one! I decided to wade through the debug dump on one of the FAT clients and realized I was logging into SQLPlus as the wrong user. When I did I got the same message as was in the JDE log. I checked the object permissions of the role the database user was inheiriting. Sure enough, none of the permissions for DEVCTL, DEVDTA or DV7334 were there. I found an old script I had written to recreate the role, ran it and it fixed the problem! Thanks again!

Back