Enterprise One Performance check tool...

Fuat Ali

Hi All,
Is there any thirth party (or something else) tool to check performance problem on the Enterprise Server (Especially check to stack process and application, table locks etc.) ???
PS: Server is W2K and SQL Server

Thanks

Performance tuning is a very large subject - and much time spent looking through old JDEList posts will reveal a lot when it comes to tuning for performance. I believe I also have a whitepaper on my website that talks about performance tuning.

However, in summary -

1. Make sure your architecture is set up correctly - ie, don't use RAID5, place TEMPDB on a fast performing drive etc
2. Check the code in the application - 99% of the time performance issues is the result of an application not correctly using an index or not written correctly.
3. Run JDEDebug logs and push these through the Performance Workbench - available on the knowledge garden - to identify performance timing issues
4. Extract long-running SQL Queries and pass these through Microsoft SQL Index Tuning Wizard to identify issues
5. Re-write code if necessary to perform the job you want faster.

Hope that helps - again, these are the top high-level methods of tuning for performance - if you have a specific issue I'd be glad to try and help.

Back