Forcing JITI on BV

KENNEY

Well Known Member
Does anyone know of a way to force JITI on Batch Versions. We have occassions where the author of a BV makes a change to the selection criteria and we would like to force anyone who runs the report to always get the latest copy. I know of the convential ways they can receive the copy i.e Checkout, JITI package) , but is there some other way to do this.

Are you doing this in PROD and only on fat clients of are you planning to do this on Citrix? You can turn on JITI for the environment but I don't know if that will update an already existing version spec.

You have two choices for updating batch versions that already exist on a client workstation.

1. The user can check them out.

2. You can build and deploy update packages.

Only the original batch version (one that does not yet exist on the client workstation) will JITI.

To update a server, you must submit the version specifications or build and deploy update packages.

I was looking to do this with just the fat clients, I realize it may be a performance hit but we are willing to live with it.

One solution I thought of was a startup bat file that would move an empty copy of the specs to the local path code when they boot up. The downfall of this would be if they happen to create version and they forgot to check it in they would lose it.

What I was hoping to hear was some way of using the P98DREP application to accomplish this.

Michael,

There are a few more ways - we have a commercial software tool to "Hot Deploy" such object changes and another one - to clear (delete) DS specs by UBE/VER, forcing it to JITI.

If interested, please, e-mail me directly.

Back