Approved Package List table

Jeremy Biros

Well Known Member
When you run the setup.exe file under the "OneWorld Client Installs" directory on that resides on the deployment server, what table is the setup program looking at to get the list of available packages. I created a Disaster Recovery system based on an existing system, and I can't seem to find those records to clear them out. When I try to do the install on the DR client machine, I see all of my production system packages in the list.

Jeremy

I usually do this in the b7333\package.inf folder on the deployment server. Open the packname name .inf file and change DeploymentStatus=Not Approved. You might be able to do this using P9631 and the Active/Inactive toggle in the Work with Package Deployments application.

Patty

When I am logged into my deployment server, I can only see the Disaster Recovery packages, which is correct. I do not see any packages from my live system. In P9631, I only see these correct packages as well, and they are marked as "Approved". The problem is, when I go to my new DR Client machine and try to install JDE there, it shows me a list of packages that are available to install. The packages that show up in this list are my live packages, not my DR packages. The DR packages do not even show up in the list. I think it is reading some type of .inf file or a SQL table to determine which packages are available to install. I need to figure this out, or I can't install JDE on a client machine.

Sully is on the right tracks. The package_inf directory should only hold inf files that you want to be seen from your DR machine. In the inf files that you have you should look for the parameter DeploymentStatus= and make sure that only the packages you want to see (when running the installer) have this parameter set to Approved.

Jeremy,

I presume that you set up your DR system by installing and copying over your original directory structure from your Live Deployment Server.

As Sully & Terry mentioned, the P9631 application updates the INF files under the PACKAGE_INF directory on the deployment server.

Now the pointer to the PACKAGE_INF directory is defined in the Install.inf file which is located in your "OneWorld Client Install" directory. Open this file. Look at the below section. This is what it should have

[FileLocations]
PackageInfs=\\<Deployment Server name>\E811\package_inf

My guess is that since you copied the entire structure from your oiginal server , the above parameter still has the name of your original Deployment Server, and thats why you see the packages from your live system.

If that is the case, then you know what to do..else..sorry will have to research some more

THANK YOU ice_cube210!!! (and everyone else who helped :). I had already checked all of the package inf files and all of the SQL tables. They were all showing the correct packages. This is exactly what I was looking for. I knew that it was somehow still looking at my production deployment server, but I could not find it for the life of me. I think I even looked in the INSTALL file, but went right past it. Thanks again. Jeremy.

Back