An issue with Display decimal

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
I got a question regarding the display decimal...in the dd the alias have a display decimal as 3 and the length as 6. If I understand it correctly, this will store a value of 6 charater long in database will last three being in decimal..

so it will store 100 as 100000 and will display as 100.000. With this being the case, we are finding records where this fields have data which is more than 6 character long.

How is this possible , I already checked this was not done directly it (thur Database) was done within e1 application ( not sure which one did it

Any idea.....

Any suggestions or help will be highly appreciated

Please supply DD alias name and attributes along with example of data that exceeds specified length.

Hi nick04,

1.) Follow Larry's advise.
2.) Attach your system and realase information too.
3.) Has the affected table/record audit fields (generally User, PID, JOBN, UPMJ, UPMT)?

Read you later,

Zoltán

Hello,

alias in LNID....

in F4311 table, I have records which are 7 character long... When you pull these records in an application e.x P4310.. the line number is 999.999 for all the line which are over 6 character long....

We are on E810 tools release 8.94_d1 on SQL/Nt platfom....

Nick

This is a known issue about LNID. You can't have more than 999 lines on almost everything. There are at least 99 SARS on this very issue. The database will allow 1000, 1001, 1002 etc. but in most applications they will display as 999.999. It doesn't look like Oracle is going to fix this anytime soon. I looked at a few of the SARS and they are marked as Consider for Future or Not Planned.

Patty

Sully,

Could you please provide me few sar..... I want to see this issue... We have opened up a case with Oracle an they are still looking into it...

Nick

Just go to SAR search on the Knownledge Garden and type in 999.999.

Patty

Hi nick04,

How many records has this Purchase Order in F4311?
And how many, where the last 3 digit is 000?

On the other hand, F4311 has audit fields on the end where you can check with UTB, that which user modified it last time, when and from wich machine and with wich application. You can also check these on the related header record in F4301 table.

Regards,

Zoltán

Nick,

not sure if I understand your problem correctly.

I asked for an example of the data that exceeds specified length. You replied with 999.999 which does not exceed specified length.
I'm confused
frown.gif

Hi Larry,

You are right, as usual
tongue.gif

I am also waiting for Nick's answers about:
- how many records are in the Purchase order
- how many ends with 000
- what do the audit fields show in the order detail and order header of the affected order.

...and know I add an other
tongue.gif

Does Nick's system has any customized or copied/modified or add-on own APPL/UBE/BSFN/TER, which can insert/update into F4311 table?

Hope, we will get the answers soon
cool.gif

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Guys,

Example of the problem is in UTB I can see a line as 1001000 and above ...
When you pull this record in P4310, it comes as 999.999 and you cannot do any thing with this line......
All this is comming from an application R44h700 ( which Homebuilder committments).... Initially I thought the problem was b/c some one entered them directly into the database buts that not the case

All of them ends in 000 in UTB.... There are lot of records which are 7 character... I would have to use a query to find the answer.....

Back