.net compiler BUSBUILD takes 15 hours (8.11)

lemieux

List, We have recently upgraded our Development path code/environment from xe to the recently released 8.11/sp1/8.95 set of CD's.

Important to note our Deployment Server is a Virtual Machine.

Everything with the upgrade has gone well but BUSBUILD takes 15 hours to complete while the specs are all done in 3 hours.

After building the last spec file dstmpl, we receive the message (in the ClientPkgBuild.txt file) specs built followed by the message BUSBUILD still not complete, Moving on.

Another member of our team installed the compiler and I don't believe any special tuning or configuration was done.

If anybody has any ideas on how to resolve the BUSBUILD "time to build", it would be much appreciated.

Thank-You,

8.11, sp1, 8,95_c1, Visual Studio .NET 2003
Enterprise Server is is OS/400 V5R3
Deployment server is a VM machine, Windows 2003.SP1, 3.20ghz Xeon processor with 2GB or Ram.
MDAC 2.82
Central objects in SQL on deployment server

One idea would be to move the dep server installation to a new physical server. VM performance is bound to be bad.

All,

I have this issue in 8.9, which utilizes C++ 6.0. We are on 8.94_O. I tried 8.94_P and 8.94_Q through 8.94_S, as well as 8.95_A and 8.95_B. All had this issue. I opened up a call with support. After some time, I received a call back indicating that this was fixed in 8.94_R, which coincided with the release of 8.95_C I believe.

There is also a beta .DLL that you can push to get that is supposed to
speed up the BUSBUILD process on the deployment server (or .net build
machine).

msouterblight1 <[email protected]>
Sent by: [email protected]
11/30/2005 10:41 AM
Please respond to
JD Edwards=AE EnterpriseOne

To
[email protected]
cc

Subject
Re: .net compiler BUSBUILD takes 15 hours (8.11)

All,

I have this issue in 8.9, which utilizes C++ 6.0. We are on 8.94=5FO. I
tried 8.94=5FP and 8.94=5FQ through 8.94=5FS, as well as 8.95=5FA and 8.95 =5FB. All
had this issue. I opened up a call with support. After some time, I
received a call back indicating that this was fixed in 8.94=5FR, which
coincided with the release of 8.95=5FC I believe.
Matthew Scott [email protected]

Speaking from experience, the BUSBUILD runs about 2 - 3X slower on a Virtual Machine. I think it has something to do with how the processor handles compiles while virtual. We gave our Virtual Machine almost all the processor and it still was very slow. Your best bet is to go with a physical box.

I'm having the same issue, although my full builds are taking 20 hrs. I'm on 8.11 SP1 Tools 8.95_B1. I'm not running a VM Deployment server though.

That seems like an awefull long build time Tammy... What have you done to troubleshoot the problems so far?

Folks,

We have client build running on a VM in under 3 hours. Sure I understand that VM suck, but they are not always that bad.

Xe, SP23_B1, 2X3.2Ghz Xeon, 2GB RAM

It only is an issue with the .NET compiler as far as I can tell. It does not play nice with VMWare.

Shawn - I haven't got to do much troubleshooting as I'm pretty much starting over on my upgrade due to multiply issues - which, now I can't troubleshoot any of those either. So, basically, I'm back to square one.

Back