ERP 8.0 occasionally hangs at logon

msuters

msuters

About 1% of the time, our users experience JDE hanging at the logon screen. Our users run on Citrix servers and use Unified logon, and the symptom is that JDE hangs with a little window titled "Oneworld Sign On", but goes no further. The JDE log file shows only the first two lines, with the second line reading "Starting OneWorld". There are no other errors. We haven't been able to replicate the issue with debug logging, but I'm not sure whether taht's because of the low incidence of the symptoms, or because running with logging somehow prevents it from happening.

We have a call open with GSC at the moment, and they have suggested we change a couple of things in the JDE.INI files of clients and servers:
1. Change the JDENetTimeOut=60 to JDENetTimeOur=360
2. TAMMultiUserOn=0 to TAMMultiUserOn=1

The symptom persists, even with both these changes. We have a couple of developers using workstation clients, and they haven't reported this event. We actually have two separate JDE systems, one for Production and one for Development and testing, and on Citrix clients we sometimes see the same symptoms in both systems. Our Citrix clients are Windows 2000, although we are currently upgrading to Windows 2003.

One item that might be relevant: On Citrix, we use the "PD7334" environments, rather than the "WPD7334" environment. (This is for performance reasons).

Can anybody suggest what could be causing this event, or suggest something we could try to prevent it happening?

Thanks,
Mark

Check the jde.ini file and see where the jde.log file and jdebug.log file for your users are pointing.

I have seen cases where ALL users are pointing to the same log files (i.e. c:\jde.log & c:\jdedebug.log).

If you get a load of users logging in at the same time then they will ALL "line up" to update \ create the log files.

Thanks Terry,

Each person has a separate jde.log and jdedebug.log file, located in their Home drive, so contention for these files is not likely the cause.

The Home drives are on a network server. If there were contention issues there, I think the problems would be much more widespread than JDE logons, and much more widely reported.

So, we're still looking for a solution ...

Mark

Back