SP23 - L1 and SAR 6911235 ( ESU JD23883 )

CNC Pro

I’m currently in the process of installing SP23-L1 on my deployment server. When going through he JDE SP23 install instruction doc it mentions to install SAR 6911235 - This SAR could not be found on the KG – Placed a call with Oracle / Peoplesoft and was told that it refers to ESU JD23883. This is where I get stuck – The logs look good to the point where it has to merge - Has any body had any success in stalling this ESU with the follow config .. ???

OneWorld Xe SP22 update 1
ES = AS400 ( V5R1M0)
Dply = Win2K, SQL2000
Client = Citrix

Please keep us posted, I was planning on upgrade-ing to SP23 in the very
near future.
Are you setting up a Multi-Foundation for this?

Mike Kalfas
Terlato Wine Group
847/444-5579

We not doing "Multi foundation" this time round - we privileged enough
to have our DEV and PROD environments on different installs - The
installation of the SP 23 is not the problem in our case - the problem
is installing the required ESU. I currently have a call with Oracle /
Peoplesoft in connection with the ESU.
I'll keep the forum posted as I go along.

JL

I have installed both SP23_L1 and JD23883 in our DM7333 multi foundation environment. (I made a copy of the security tables in a different datasource for this install.)

The only issues that I have had were related to the Web Server. Websphere 4 is not supported any more, so I installed Websphere 5. The manual requires Websphere FixPack 2, but fails to mention that FixPack 2 breaks the IBM HTTP service. There is an additional fix that is needed for this. Once I got beyond that and the differences between Websphere 4 and 5, it has been pretty smooth sailing.

I am planning to apply SP23_L1 and JD23883 to our PD7333 environment this weekend.

I believe the ESU associated with SAR 6911235 for XE is
JD 21799.

Patty

Could be .. but then again JD 21799 could have been superseded with JD
23883 - Anyway, I logged a call with Oracle / peoplesoft as to which ESU
to apply - they came back with JD 23883.

_____

On Behalf Of SULLY1
Sent: 09 November 2005 03:05 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: SP23 - L1 and SAR 6911235 ( ESU JD23883 )

I believe the ESU associated with SAR 6911235 for XE is
JD 21799.

Patty

XE/SP.18_E1/Update 5, Unix HP9000, Oracle 8.1.7.4, Migrating
to:E810/8.93.P1/HPUX11i, Oracle 9.2.0.5/DS=3D2003 Server

_____

The entire JDELIST thread
for
viewing.

Looking for a job? Check out the Job Opportunites forum

This is the JDELIST EnterpriseOne Mailing List.
The instructions on how to unsubscribe from any JDELIST mailing list are
available here <http://www.jdelist.com/unsubscr.shtml> .
JDELIST is not affiliated with JDEdwards(r).

I installed both SP23_L1 and JD23883 to our Production environment this weekend. Coming from SP22_K1, everything went smoothly.

Any problems surrounding the new security?

Mike Kalfas
Terlato Wine Group
847 - 444 - 5579

Re: RE: SP23 - L1 and SAR 6911235 ( ESU JD23883 )

I did not have any issues with the new security in JD23883. I did apply the ESU to all environments prior to applying the service pack. The ESU checks to see if you are running a service pack that supports the new security, so you can apply it ahead of time without it changing the encryption algorythm on you.

Re: RE: SP23 - L1 and SAR 6911235 ( ESU JD23883 )

I tried to get JD23883 from the update center and it couldn't find it. What was your search criteria?

I also tried using change assistant and it didn't find this ESU either. When I enter 6911235 for the SAR it came back with JD23920. What gives?

Patty

Now that we have been running SP23_L1 for half a week, we have discovered a few issues.

First, the report output has changed on some of our reports which has had an impact on some of our CreateForm overlays. CreateForm has been very good about helping us work through these changes.

Second, We converted from World to OneWorld and used JDEdwards to convert our FASTR reports into OneWorld reports. Most of the FASTRs will run, but they report an error status in Work Submitted Jobs when they are done running. We are able to open the PDFs ever though it reports an error status. There are some that error out and do not create the PDF. The official Oracle response is that this will be fixed in SP23_M1 which is scheduled for 1/17/06. (They also mentioned this was an issue in 8.94_P1.) The work around is to install the previous service pack on a fat client and use it to run the reports.

Back