Adobe Acrobat Support

august_west

Does anyone know what version(s) of Adobe Acrobat are supported in E810 or E811. We are on XE still, and have many pdf's generated by Edwards which can only be opened by Acrobat 4.0. I'm hoping this will change...

Hi August,
I am working in a migration project: from XE to E811. Both I can use adobe acrobat 7. What kind of error do you have in XE?
Luis

The MTR's for XE don't specify which version of adobe is supported anymore. We are still on XE and are using 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0. I think some people still have 3.0. We had a problem with 7.0 that I report to Oracle. After a .pdf is attached and you go back into media attachments the .pdf is already open and appears very grainy. Oracle was able to reproduce the problem but said it was an adobe problem and that I should contact them. I suggested to them that they probably have more clout with them than we do. I think the case is still open.

Patty

It's not so much an error in XE..but with the some of the pdf files generated by XE. (reports) After a report(pdf) is generated, the user then goes and finds the pdf and goes to open it using Adobe Acrobat. There are many times when these pdf's cannot be only be opened with Acrobat 4.0. Newer versions simply hang.

Charles

My mistake. It does say 4.0. I'm looking at the ones published 8/22/05. When I converted the web page to a word document, the Reader 4.0 ends up on the next page, so I missed it.

Patty

Not a problem, I was just curious because I often find discrepancies on their site - thought this might be another!

Back