P43101 - Severe Performance Issues

freedomrings

I would appreciate any advice/strategies to pinpoint the problem we are having. I have run a series of tests to try to thoroughly understand the issue. All of these tests
have been run on the web environment. I have run a couple on Full Client and experienced the same issues except at a higher volume. I'm leaning towards there being an issue with session data but I don't have any hard evidence to prove it. So, I would appreciate any techniques one could provide to prove my hypothesis wrong or to come up with some new ones.

Thanks
Terry

Previous questions I have been asked on this issue:
• Do you only receive these errors in HTML? Or do you receive them in the fat client as well?
o We have received the errors on the full client. However, the threshold on the full client appears to be higher.
• Has this always been an issue for you in XE?
o This is not an issue with XE. It's an issue that we are experiencing in our conversion to 8.10
• Can you duplicate the same issue on other workstations?
o Yes, we have tried multiple PCs.
My questions:
• What does F4311 End Doc do that would cause it to run out of memory? i.e. what does it allocate memory for?
• I'm using the excel import feature to pull in 200 items. I complete the process 4 times and it fails the 5 time. By fail, I mean I get the error message in "red". This is all done within the same browser/login session. If I open a new browser when I've reached the threshold, it works. I'm thinking that there is some session data that is not be removed/freed. What are your thoughts?
• I've tried orders of 747, 900, and 1000 each with their own session. They have all failed, but not in the way previously mentioned. There is a browser "alert" box that says the F4311EndDoc failed b/c of running out of memory. The most I have been able to get up to is 600 which took 5-10 mins to complete. Does this mean there is a second bottle neck? What are your opinions?
• Has anyone experienced these types of issues with the pristine P43101?
Configuration Information:
• JDE Version: 8.10
• DB: UDB/DB2
• EnterpriseOne Release: EnterpriseOne 8.93.F1

Attachments

• 98685-Doc1__1.doc
    123 KB · Views: 71
FYI...Oracle was able to reproduce this issue in their pristine environment. They have entered a SAR (7872223) to resolve the issue.

Back