can only administrator of Windows NT run E1 client?

Jacky Zhang

Hi,

After installing the E1 client on an Windows XP machine, I found that the users belonging to the USERS group in XP cannot run this E1 client, it reports an fatal error. I changed the security of the file system to allow the USERS group to modify the folder \E810, but the error still exists.
Does it mean that each user running E1 client must be an administrator of that Windows machine? I don't think it is a good choice. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

You can use this free tool:

http://members.optushome.com.au/apastuhov/windows_registry_commander.htm

to grant access to some registry keys to local "Users" or domain "Domain Users" group, or specific users.

For example:

rsc53 -m\\<TARGET_COMPUTER_IF_RUNNING_IT_REMOTELY> -aUsers -rc -c -khklm\software\jdedwards -tgrant -v
rsc53 -m\\<TARGET_COMPUTER_IF_RUNNING_IT_REMOTELY> -aUsers -rc -khklm\software\classes -tgrant -v

or just

rsc53 -aUsers -rc -c -khklm\software\jdedwards -tgrant -v
rsc53 -aUsers -rc -khklm\software\classes -tgrant -v

if running the commands locally.

This script can optionally be called from another script, executing the commands on all computers in a list, or domain, etc., as necessary.

You need to be Administrator on the target PC to execute this.

The end result is that any member of the "Users" (or any other - as specified) group will be able to execute OW.

Back