"Control is Entered" and "Control is Exited" event rules do not fire off on Web

kipkingle

\"Control is Entered\" and \"Control is Exited\" event rules do not fire off on Web

We are currently running PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne 8.9 SP2 and we are having an issue with running logic on the web. In particular, there are two events that are on a field whose logic does not run on the web. (It works fine on a fat client.) Those two events are "Control is Entered" and "Control is Exited".

Steps to duplicate:
1. Create a new fix/inspect form and place the address book field (AN8) on it.
2. Place another generic field on the form, I chose alias MATH01.
3. Go into the event rules of the address book
4. Select "Control is Entered" event rule
5. Add logic so that FC MATH01 field equals 1
6. Then select "Control is Exited" event rule
7. Add logic so that FC MATH01 field equals 2
8. Save the ER and Form
9. Build, generate, and deploy to Web.
10. Drop Web Instance to accept the new changes
11. Test it

My Results: If I click inside the Address book, the MATH01 field remains blank. If I tab out of it, the MATH01 field does not show a 2.

Additional Information:
1. The jas ini setting Interactivitylevel= high
2. The event rule design for event "Control is Entered" (Options/HTML post) is hidden. (I can't select or deselect it.)
3. The event rule design for event "Control is Exited" (Options/HTML post) is selected (This should active it.)
4. When this application is run in debug mode on the web. No logs are created. (Nothing in the SAW.)
5. Logic located in the event rule "Control Exited/Changed Inline" will run properly on the web.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this? Has anyone else seen the same thing?

Re: \"Control is Entered\" and \"Control is Exited\" event rules do not fire off on Web

did you get a response to this already? We are also experiencing "control is exited" code that does not get executed...

Please see Oracle documents Oracle documents 654174.1 & 1455499.1
I had found these, here, and they detail this issue.

Regards,

Last edited:
Back