User Security

Amits

Hi All,

In OneWorld the administrator has the option to check a box to force password change on initial login. Can some please tell me where this check box is located?

Hi Amit

I do not think that OneWorld ( XE) has this kind of option available. Please let me know if you find anything.

Thanks

You can achieve that function by setting the SECSECLST to a value less than today's date - the value of SCSECFRQ in the F98OWSEC table.

In P98OWSEC, form W98OWSECB (at least for XE, the '8' versions might be different), on the Post OK Button clicked, set the BC DateSecurityLastChanged to anything less than the current date. In effect, this tells JDE that the current password has expired and must be changed.

Is there any way to "How to force a user to change password while log in?" in erp8.0 specifically..

Amit, we perform this task quite often. But, we do out outside of ERP 8.0. Jeremy stated the the solution... I'll expand on the process since it sounds like you may be new to this.

Currently, we have the users' passwords set to expire after 60 days using the P98OWSEC application. So, if we want to force a user to change their password prior to the 60 days, we open the F98OWSEC file and find their record. We then change the SCSECLST field in the user's record to reflect at least 60 days prior to today's date. For instance, the value for todays's date is '104195'. If we change it to '104134', then the user is now forced to change his password the next time he signs on.

... and this isn't a silly question.

Yes we do the same here and seems to work well

And no this wasn't a silly question

_____

Sent: Wednesday, 14 July 2004 6:09 a.m.
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: User Security

Amit, we perform this task quite often. But, we do out outside of ERP 8.0.
Jeremy stated the the solution... I'll expand on the process since it sounds
like you may be new to this.

Currently, we have the users' passwords set to expire after 60 days using
the P98OWSEC application. So, if we want to force a user to change their
password prior to the 60 days, we open the F98OWSEC file and find their
record. We then change the SCSECLST field in the user's record to reflect at
least 60 days prior to today's date. For instance, the value for todays's
date is '104195'. If we change it to '104134', then the user is now forced
to change his password the next time he signs on.

... and this isn't a silly question.

Wayne Kaauamo, Texas, USA CNC/Network Analyst/SysAdmin ERP 8.0 SP 22/S1
Enterprise AS/400 V5R2 w/CO JAS Win2K SP4, Deploy Win2K SP4

_____

The entire <http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=> JDELIST
thread is available for viewing.

This is the JDELIST Applications Mailing List.
The instructions on how to unsubscribe from any JDELIST mailing list are
available here <http://www.jdelist.com/unsubscr.shtml> .
JDELIST is not affiliated with JDEdwards(r).

Hi Wayne,

Thanks a lot. It works for me. This is not a silly questions. This requirement is for an company which is very strict with their security process. We had forced Peoplesoft to mask the security passwords in P98OWSEC applications.

Re: RE: User Security

Amits,
Why don't you look into Unified Logon and OneWorld logins will be a headache of the past. We cut our "forgot my password" type calls to the helpdesk in half by almost 300 per year. One less password to administer. I don't know how much we saved on yellow stickies the old passwords were being stored on.

set user password'S been expired will prompt password change:
update sys7334.f98owsec set scseclst='101001'
where upper(scuser) in ('USERID1','USERID2','USERIDN')

Back