AAI 4270 and 4280

javiero

Hello,

I'm using AAI 4270 and 4280 to advance price, but I don't want that all Adjustment Definitions generate G/L entries.

How can I do it ?

Thanks.

XE | SP22 | AS400

Leave the G/L class blank on the 4270 and the price adjustment accounting
will follow the normal revenue accounting of the item itself, by using the
G/L class of the line, which typically defaults in from the
item/branch/location file, the F41021.

The 4280 is for rebates payable, and most companies use it to point to a
separate account.

Andy

Andy Klee
www.JDETips.com/JDEList.asp

Hi Javier, I've noted your invitation, thanx ...

Regarding this question, could you give use some details , please ?
You use the "adjustment control code" value 4 especially to create journal entries. What are these cases where you don't want JEs ?

Spanish version (Auto-translate) :
Hi Javier, he observado su invitación, thanx...

¿Con respecto a esta pregunta, podría usted elasticidad utilizar algunos detalles, por favor? Usted utiliza "el valor 4 del código de control del ajuste" especialmente para crear entradas de diario. ¿Cuáles son estos casos donde usted no desea el JES?

Florian.

Hi,

I'm using anothers adjustments (value 2) to apply percentages of discounts for some items, and I only want to create journal entries for the new adjustment type that I have created with value 4.
I have done tests and rhe sales update (R42800) generate journal entries of all adjustments type that I do.
I have tried to use Flexible Accounting for Distribution but I have not managed to do it.

I hope you can help me.

Regards.
Javier.

Javier,
in fact, you do need to account these discounts.

Let's say you have to charge 10€ to your favorite customer, corresponding to a unit price of 12€ minus a 2€ special discount.
In that case, you will have to account :
4220 [Revenue] = 12€ ************ AR [Customer] = 10€
4270 (I guess !) [Discount] = -2€

What you really want is something like :
Revenue = 10€ ************ Customer = 10€

So, the solution is there : just direct these 4270 (or maybe it's 4280, please check) to the 4220 accounts.

Regards,
Florian.

Yes, it is OK.

But if I have other adjustment type (value 4= accred to G/L) also is booking in the same account and I would to book in diferents account or not book the other adjustment type.

I think that I have to check the flexible account for distribution and to search a solution with this.

In fact I send and example of my problem.

Regards.
Javier.

Attachments

• 74097-4270.doc
    112 KB · Views: 101
Back