Slow Performance

gnbora

[frown]
Hi list,

After I use the disk defragmenter of Windows to correct the disk's fragmentation, the performance of the JDEdwards gots so slow, even rebuilding the indexes the problem still remains. How can I fix this problem? It's almost impossible to work, because when I try to open a jde's application, this spend a long time.

Regards

William

Please supply more information. Is the slowness limited to a particular fat client or single WTS or all clients? What platform is your Enterprise server? What version and SP of JDE. What OS versions and SPs for all machines involved?

Hi,

This slowness is affecting all clients and my Plataform is
Win. 2000 Server and I'm working with OneWorld XE, SP20, Update 7.0

Regards

William

Obrigado. Have you checked for Temp files and Temporary Internet files? I assume you ran the defrag on the ES? You didn't compress the disk, did you? Also, how is the drive space on all of your volumes? Boa sorte.

William,

Are you sure that you stopped JDE and SQL services before
running your defragmenter?

Sebastian

Four words...

Spybot Search and Destroy :

http://www.safer-networking.org/

Everybody who runs windows and has some sort of connection to the internet with Microsoft Exploder should be running this.

If your machine has unexpectedly become slower over a period of time, then Spybot S&D will certainly help....

I checked my tablespaces and the temporary tablespace was totally full, so now I create other and delete this full tab.,problably I need restart the server because the problem still remins.

No I didn't stop the process, because when I did that nobody was acessing the system (saturday at night). Are there some problem?

Regards

W

Hi,

That's because your SQL files and JDE specs will be locked by
these running processes.
Even if there are no users running, JDE services are accessing
SQL files and JDEdwards specs.

Sebastian

Sebastian,

Do you know how can I solve this problem?? I've already done the restart process of the server but the problem remains.

Hi,

If disk fragmentation is your problem, you have to stop JDE services,
stop SQL (or Oracle) services, run your defrag tools, and restart
SQL (or Oracle) plus JDE services.

Sebastian

Back