Changing data dictionary item row descriptions

JitiOneWorld

I changed a bunch of data dictionary item row/column descriptions. I am not able to see the changed descriptions in the various appliation screens that utilize them. What must I do to see the changes appear on the screens?

Example: AC09 is used in the P01012 application and shows up by default as "Category Code 09" I changed it to "Region" in the data dictionary. I want to see "Region" instead of "Category Code 09" in the P01012 application.

Thanks,
Bob

For fat clients, just deleting dddict.xdb, dddict.ddb, ddtext.xdb, ddtext.ddb will force jde to download new data dictionary.

For servers, you would need to build the DD spec files. there is a standard UBE for that. After that, place the new spec files on the servers. I think the UBE is R92TAM

I believe that DD file will JITI to the App / Ent. Servers starting with
Xe. You just need to remove the 'old' ones so new ones will JITI. This
keeps you from having to generate them using R92TAM (which can be a bit
time consuming).

Thanks,
James

Where in the deployment process can I select to push the data dictionary down to fat clients? I cannot just delete those files from our client computers.

Thanks for the help so far.

But that only works for Intel servers doesn't it? For AS400's, *nix boxen etc you may need a full package to get the new specs aboard.

However if the specs just apply to headings on a form you don't care about the AS400 server specs!

JohnO

You cannot(!) copy the dddict and ddtect spec files created by R92TAM to any JDE app server, not even Intels.
To refresh the dd files one should delete these files (plus glbltbl) from fat clients or app servers. They will rebuild themselves. For WTS R92TAM and R98CRTGL should be run to recreate these files in order to avoid JITI.
Full server package builds to not (always) replace the DD files on app servers.
My two centavos, Gerd

Back