packages

rcandeo

Well Known Member
I had problems with my full package and had to build a new one. After that I´ve built a new update package (with the new full package as parent) and it only works on workstations that has the new full package installed.
Is there a way to make the update package works on the workstations that has the old full package installed?

If you built a new full package, I would advise you to install that new package on all of your FAT clients. Your update package will only deploy to machines that have the new full package. That is because the installer checks to see if you have the "Parent" package installed.

As an addendum to Dan's post: you can recompress the new parent package. When you install the new Full package after recompression, it will automatically have any update packages created using the new parent package, so you will only need to perfom one installation per machine. I regularly recompress the parent after each update package so that, in a disaster recovery situation, I will need to perform only one installation per machine (FAT client or WTS).

Back