screen refresh

flee

Hello all,

We are having issues where users will have screen refresh as well as part of their screen gets greyed out on certain applications like (P4314, P0011 and P0411). Have any of you experienced this issue and any suggestions? Below are some background information.

We are running citrix ica client version 7.1 and delivering a customized desktop which is a published application. When users double click on desktop, it starts an ica session and delivers desktop from one of our primary servers. JDE is a secondary citrix application. Once they go to desktop on primary server, they open up citrix program neighbourhood and double click on jde published application.

Running JDE this way leads to running a seamless app (desktop) within seamless app (JDE).

Here are some thoughts that have been discussed within our group:

2. Run JDE in a windowed configuration within a seamless window. This configuration may work but already identified limitations including having the JDE task bar not available.

3. Configure JDE to run on a separate published application as the other applications with the ability to toggle between the two separate published applications. This has potential hardware limitations i.e. the T-20 is thought not to support this, the hybrid PCs can support this and the New HP thin clients may be able to support this.

4. Run JDE on the primary terminal servers with the other applications. This is not recommended by JDE see OneWorld Terminal Server Minimum Technical Requirements and Knowledge Garden document oti-99-0071.

I am having the same issue. We are on Citrix XP FR2, XE Update 6, SP20. It is only happening to my WAN users that come over a T1.

Dave

Have you tried lowering the colors and resolution for the published app?

I already have this set up. I think my problem is a local refresh issue on the user's PC.

Back