DCT and DCTO issue in French

antoine_mpo

Reputable Poster
Hi List,

We are a french group, and in our french plant we experienced the following issue :
Some reports (R31410,R42565, ...) were using a data selection with DCTO alias (order type in english).
The problem is that in french, JDE traduce this by "Type de Document", and it's the same traduction for alias DCT (document type). In data selection, you then see twice "Type de document". Till then, it's not so bad. But what was less nice was that, even if your version was well using DCTO alias, when we generated them in html, the html client was always launching the report with DCT alias instead of DCTO (even if you try to change the "Type de Document" when you launch the report in web, it doesn't work).

What we found with JDE (a SAR exists), is that we had to change the translation of one of the two data item.
For that we use the Data Dictionnary program.
It was not enough, we had to change by sql the F9203 table (which contains the text appearing in the data selections).

But my problem now is that :
even after refreshing the data dictionnary specs on the servers and generation machine, if i regenerate the versions, it doesn't work. I have to do a "get" on the version before regenerating it, ant then it's ok.

My question is then :
How can i found all the versions that uses those alias ? (those informations are in blob format no ?)
Is there another way than building a full package, deploy it and do a full html generation ?

If you have any idea, i'd be really interested.

Many thanks,

Antoine,
OW system administrator.

Back