User overrides (XU7)

coexistence_cnc

When we installed update 5 a while ago we had trouble with missing user overrides. We are getting ready to install XU7! Does it make sense that installing XU7 could "wipe out" any users user overrides and if so is there a way to save them pre XU7 and safely restore post XU7? Is the F98950 the one and only user override table?

Thank-You

O/S400 V5R1, XE..XU5..SP 21..Coexistence

Hi Co,
There is always the problem that you may lose user overrides. Remember that user overrides are based upon a particular application and when the application changes the user overrides may no longer function.
I would suggest users make a print screen of their overrides and then re-install them after the upgrade is complete. This is a pretty small task.
Regards,
Dave

When we upgraded from XU4/SP21 to XU7/SP22 we deleted about half of them. Some departments did not want to take the chance, others wanted to take the chance. Of the ones that kept their user overrides, I only had 1 -2 instances where I deleted the user overrides. The service pack is the big promoter of changes to user overrides, so judge from how big of a SP jump you are making.

Back