Installation of ERP 8

Jde04

Hi friends,

I need your help urgently. We are in the process of installing ERP 8. Till now the things went on smoothly but now the portest is failing i had a questions it would be great if any one of you could explain me.
1. On enterprise server in the ODBC drivers do we find JDEdwards One world ODA. as we are not able to see it on our enterprise server.

Since teh porttest was failing we then applied SP21 but still not success.

Configuration
Windows 2000 Advanced server SP 3
ERP 8
Oracle 9.2.0.1

I would greatly appreciate if anybody could throw some light.

Thanks
Sneh

Hi JDE04 :

OneWorld doesn't use ODBC to connect to Oracle databases.
It uses SQL*Net protocol. Check that Oracle client is set on the Enterprise
(check that you can run a SQL query there).
Check also your Enterprise's JDE.INI

Regards, Sebastian Sajaroff

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 9:47 AM
Subject: Installation of ERP 8

ERP 8. Till now the things went on smoothly but now the portest is failing i
had a questions it would be great if any one of you could explain me.1. On
enterprise server in the ODBC drivers do we find JDEdwards One world ODA. as
we are not able to see it on our enterprise server. Since teh porttest was
failing we then applied SP21 but still not success.ConfigurationWindows 2000
Advanced server SP 3ERP 8Oracle 9.2.0.1I would greatly appreciate if anybody
could throw some light. ThanksSneh

ERP8 to Xe, NT/W2K/SQL
JAS, Interoperability
MCDBA,MCP+I,MCSE,Citrix Admin
[email protected]
Canada

Sneh,
On my enterprice server I am able to see the ODBC One World ODA with a driver called JDedwardOneWordODA.
Dave

Do you have security server turned on or off? I had a similar problem but only when security server was turned on.

Thanks,
M

Hi ,
we had same problem.In our issue we have given wrong instane name in tnsname.sql.

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions but still our portest is failing.

I am attaching the jde.log file for your refernce it would be great if anyone could throw some light on that.

I had another query also
Though porttest is not successful we are able to log into PD7334 thr deployment server & access all JDE programs.

While accessing file F98611 we noticed field 'OMDLLNAME' = 'JDEBOCI80.DLL'. Where as our Database is Oracle9i version 9.2.0.1. Please suggest if it is correct or wrong.

Thanks in advance
Sneh

Attachments

• 55270-jde_3344.log
    1.5 KB · Views: 138
Hi Jde04,
Is it your fresh Installation or upgrade.
There are couple of areas you must check..
1) Are you able to Query the tables from SQL*Plus..loged in as JDE.Do the tables exist in the required schems
(Please find a link in this forum where we discussed the availability of a doc on KG detailing the table layout SYS, SVM, PD etc..)
This is imp as in you logs porttest is not able to locate you tables or unable to find the OCM for the environment eg:
"JDB3100011 - Failed to get location of table F986101 for environment pd7334" &
"JDB9900246 - Failed to find existence of default OMAP for environment pd7334"

further you may like to check
1) Sevurity Server (as others have suggested)
2) in your JDE.INI
a) Enterprise server name
b) Server map
c) oracle DLL
3) OCM mappings
In case of import of central objects did it go through smooth
Anyways,whats the story of any other enviroment like DV or PY
cheer up

Hi All,

Thanks for your response the problem was with the naming convention of enterprise server. Our name was INHYDJDEEN01 which were 12 characters which is not supported by JDE, it supports only 10 characters so we scrapped the whole thing & did the installation again & now our system is up & running fine. But still i have few doubts to be cleared & it would be great if any one of you could throw some light.

we are runnign the porttest. its working perfectly fine. But when we set up the security server in JDE.ini of enterprise server the porttest fails could you let me know what causes this problem.

with regards
Sneh

ERP 8, Oracle 9i(9.2.0.1)
Windows 200 Advanced server

Did you start your services after adding the security server in jde.ini?It should work after starting the services.

The Porttest will not work on Intel servers with the secuirty server running. It has to do with the way the porttest accesses the data files.

Hope this helps,

K.

I am attaching JDE.log & jdedebug.log for your reference.

Thanks
Sneh

Attachments

• 55636-jde_2704.log
    462 bytes · Views: 91
Here is jdedebug.log

Sneh

Attachments

• 55638-jdedebug_2704.log
    9.6 KB · Views: 111
Hi!!,
Please can you check you JDE user configuration in P0092, you have to check if the user JDE has *GROUP and Datasource=Default when you set up security in P0092. I had a similar problem and the solution was to set up the security like this.
Tell me if it works.

Back