Licensing Audit

MelissaS

Hi,

JDE is coming to our office Audit our licensing. If anyone has had this audit before - could you send me an email please and let me know how it went and what all it entailed??

Thanks!

How did they pick your company - or do you not know ? This is the first I heard of JDE auditing licensing - I was wondering when they instigated such a process. I was also wondering why they couldn't specifically audit your license remotely either. I hope you don't have to pay consulting fees and/or expenses !

We were subjected to an audit. We were told that we were selected at random. You have to pay expenses and fees if you are over by more than 5%(I believe) of your entitlement. I think that named license sites are more likely to be audited as they can be interrogated by reviewing transaction files. They can't review remotely as they need to extract information from your database.

Hi Melissa. We had a license audit under World, prior to our OneWorld conversion. The timing was interesting. We had World installed for several years without ever having an audit, then entered some tough negotiations with them around the upgrade. Under World there was an actual audit application. We just had to run it and fax the resulting reports to JDE. Piece of cake and no on site visit. Licensing under OneWorld is a tad less clear cut. I have no idea if there is an audit tool similar to World. If not, that may be driving the on site visit.

If you can please post a description of the audit after they are done. I'm sure my internal audit group would be interested in whatever JDE looked at and how they did the looking.

Melissa,
I have seen this procedure a couple of times. A JDEdwards representative
connects his/her notebook to your system and copies down a number tables,
for example F0092, F98OWSEC, F0902, F0911 and others.
From these tables they determine the users actually using the system. This
has to match with your companies contract with JDE.
I know of cases where heavy fees have been charged by JDE due to excessive
license usage.

Good luck, Gerd

I am not sure why we got picked. At first we thought that we were picked on purpose because our company has almost doubled in size since we bought JDE. When I talked to the Auditor the other day, however, he said he would be in town doing other audits also. I received an email from him detailing what they would need for this Audit. They want a read-only user for the DB, a OneWorld user and my Data Source definitions. Evidently they have a modified version of OW on a laptop that they will plug into our network that will run a bunch of reports that query for user information. We also have to identify our users as Named or Inquiry Only before he gets here. I will let you all know how it goes when it is done. Thanks!

Re: RE: Licensing Audit

Thanks Gerd for the warning. We have been trying to query our F0911 against our named user list to make sure that we have everyone defined correctly. I am glad we are on the right path. Thanks!

Re: RE: Licensing Audit

We were just audited and presented with a BIG invoice - G943 reports showed we were ok but their auditor used other programs showing we were out of compliance. Does anybody have experience with dealing with them on this matter?

Melissa,

I've seen your original mail and the replies. However I still have one question. How does JDE determine the total amount of users being used? Do you have any idea?
i.e. Old users will leave the company and new ones will replace them. How does JDE consider this in their audit?

Peter

Back