Address Book Search on P4210

DaveBarber

On the Sold to field on P4210 there is a facility to type in the alpha name of the sold to and the number will automatically appear in the field when the user tabs out.

We are running on two environmnents PD7333 and WPD733 -both are using the same data.

The users on the PD7333 environment are able to use this type facility fine - however, the users on the WPD7333 are finding that it only works for customers where the alpha name is unique. i.e if there are mulitple customers with an alpha name that starts with ROY then it should display the address book long number search and list all the customers with Alpha names starting with ROY. Instead it defaults number to 0 instead.

I think this must be a set up issue for the environment but do not know. Does anyone have any ideas?

many thanks

Dave

ow xe SP18.1 on Oracle NT

I've worked with Sales Order Processing for many years, and I'm not aware of
this being a setup issue. You should call it in to JDE and ask if they can
replicate the problem. Sounds like an "opportunity" for improvement.

Andy Klee
www.JDEtips.com

PS. I just showed this to a client that's been live for 3 years a few days
ago. They literally couldn't believe it when they saw it, and they loved
this feature.

Andy Klee
www.JDETips.com

It's possible that the search program has the wrong OCM mappings...

We are running on two environmnents PD7333 and WPD733 -both are using the
same data.

The users on the PD7333 environment are able to use this type facility fine
- however, the users on the WPD7333 are finding that it only works for
customers where the alpha name is unique. i.e if there are mulitple
customers with an alpha name that starts with ROY then it should display
the address book long number search and list all the customers with Alpha
names starting with ROY. Instead it defaults number to 0 instead.

I think this must be a set up issue for the environment but do not know.
Does anyone have any ideas?

many thanks

Dave

ow xe SP18.1 on Oracle NT

Dave,

I don't think it's a setup issue.

I recently "fixed" this for an apps person, for who says this is, and always has been, a feature.

The CONTROL EXIT AND CHANGED for the long AB#s, calls bsfn SCRUB ADDR BOOK#,
which if it finds a single hit, returns it.

If it doesn't find a single hit, it calls P0101SL. (P0101SL does not have an ADD button).

Should you not select an AB# (ie ROY), 0 gets passed back as the AB#.
P01012 can be called (based on p/opts) to add a cust, but it still returns the zero.

My "fix" was to add a form exit to P01012:W01012A.

I passed QC AN8 <> mnAN8, and "55" szCAMEFROM.
The second parm, being non-blank allows P01012 to close after the new ab# has been added.

I then pressed &FIND and &SELECT, this narrowed the P0101SL grid to the added row,
selected it and passed it back to P4210.

The apps person was pleased.

Gene

I have got to the bottom of this issue now.

It is to do with the OCM mappings but its not quite as straightforward as this. I will explain:

The problem is caused by the P0101SL search facility. This is executed when the user enters a search that will bring back more than more value eg ROY. The search program is called from the business function B0100016 Scrub Address Number. If you view the C code for this BSFN you will see however the section in the code that executes this search has #defines to exclude the aplha name search facility part of the business function being compiled when the business function is compiled on the server. As the logic for WPD733 is server based this search facility cannot be called by default as the code for it doesnt exist. Hence it returns a 0 instead of displaying the search screen.
This is why we have no problems running this in the normal PD733 as this BSFN is client based by default in this environment and hence can access this part of the code.

For WPD733 an OCM mapping needs to be created to point the business function at LOCAL not the server so it can
run the part of the BSFN to execute the search program.

Back