Default database passwords

SULLY1

VIP Member
Hi List.

To apply an ESU do we have to change the Oracle database passwords back to the default? For example, the tablespace SYS7333 had a password of SYS7333. We have since changed these since go-live.

Patty

Yes, you will have to change the passwords back to the original. I used to have scripts that I would run to toggle between the original passwords (sys7333, pd7333, etc) and the new ones.

Thanks for the response. What about the oracle JDE user and the OneWorld JDE user?

Patty

Strange. I have not found that I needed to reset the database passwords for the "Schema" owners on any platform to apply an ESU. The table conversions run fine. If an ESU delivers a new table object and I need to generate that object I use the new (non-default) password along with the owner when generating the table.

What kind of problems have you had when applying ESU's with the database owner passwords set to something other than the defaul?

Regards,

We were getting the good old database password screens if the database owner passwords were not at the default.

I figured out what my problem was. I had security remmed out in the jde.ini file on the deployment server. When I went to apply an ESU I got the database password prompt screen.

When I removed the rem's from the jde.ini file the password word prompt screen went away.

Thanks you all for responding.

Patty

Back