Working with F4106 - Pricing Table

radi8

Well Known Member
Good day all! I am trying to create a utility application to help facilitate price changes.

One issue i am having is finding and using the proper business function or even table IO process where I can change the Expiration date. This is a problem because this field is part of the primary key of the table.

I know that there should be an easy way to update this field, but I am missing it. Can someone please help point me in the right direction?

My suggestion would be to look at P4106 and see how it handles changes to the expiration date. See function, F4106UpdateBasePrice, and how it's used in P4106.

If you're looking to do the updates without using the std bsfn (not recommended), you're limited in your means for updating a primary key field. Namely, if you use event rules, you must do a delete and then an insert.

The JDB c-api allows for issuing update commands that will update a primary key field.

good luck.

[ QUOTE ]
My suggestion would be to look at P4106 and see how it handles changes to the expiration date. See function, F4106UpdateBasePrice, and how it's used in P4106.

If you're looking to do the updates without using the std bsfn (not recommended), you're limited in your means for updating a primary key field. Namely, if you use event rules, you must do a delete and then an insert.

The JDB c-api allows for issuing update commands that will update a primary key field.

good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just saw that BSFN and am exploring it. I was just checking to see if anyone else had any cool tricks up their sleeves. I will look into this function. Thanks mate!

Actually updating using BSFNs is a good approach, so that you will not miss any other transactions which should be handled when the Expiration Date changes.
But if you feel that they are not required then you can use Table IO. As you can't update Primary Key in the file you can delete the record and insert it with the new Expiration Date. Before Deleting Save all the other fields of the file and insert the record with these values and new Expiration Date.

Back