Work Orders & Receiving

Krusador

Krusador

We are a contract manufacturer running on JDE World 8.1 cum 3. By contract manufacturing, all of our actual manufacturing is performed by third-party vendors, which we have setup as Branch/Plants in JDE. We own and must keep track of all inventory at the vendors' sites; raw, WIP, and finished. All of the JDE work on the system is performed here in our corporate office. We are using outside processing (*OP10) to capture the labor, which automatically creates a PO at the time of WO creation.

The way it is right now, when we receive finished goods into our main distribution center, it involves completing the work order and receiving the PO for the labor. We feel this to be too complicated at the receiving end.

My question is, is there anyone else out there that runs their business in a similiar way and what have you done to simplify the "receiving"? It is my idea to create a sort of receiving "workbench", similiar to the shipment workbench that exists in 8.1, but I'm not sure if this is the best approach.

I don't know if I've explained this well enough - if not, please let me know.

Thanks,

Back