Welcome to our newest members???

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi JDEListers of you, who check this board too,

One of our newest member registered on JDEList less then 2 hours ago and after 1,5 hours of his registration I received the following private message from him (I suppose he, not she):

[ QUOTE ]
Subject: hello

hello,
i have one question regarding the jdedwards service packs.what are the advantages of service pack24 over prevoius service packs can you explain me in detail
thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose - in the elapsed 1,5 hors he had thoughtfully read the NETIQUETTE, explored what type of Forum are on JDEList and Searched JDEList to find something answer regarding his issue.
Am I right (or not)?

Regards,

Zoltán

Zoltán,

You left off a few of options:

5) Ignore and delete the mail and set up to ignore the user on JDElist.

6) Reply to email with links to NETIQUETTE, forum rules, how to ask a question the smart way, etc. Suggesting that he/she might like to help themselves first before posting their problem on JDElist, rather than emailing/private messaging a member, who may or may not be able to help, directly.

7) Post to Off Topic/help forum for commiseration from fellow members who have had the same experience.

Personally, I would probably choose 7 in addition to 5 or 6, depending on the tone of the email/message and the user's history, if any.

you left off my favorite responses:

- Public Verbal Assasination
- Find email address and mail bomb him/her with copies of "Netiquette" document (approx 5000 would do).

I think you are very harsh towards our new members. The question was carefully worded and no doubt accompanied by detailed system information. If I had received same request I would have chosen for option 1 and helped him/her out (probably I wouldn't even have charged for it). After all, this is exactly what we are about - helping each other
tongue.gif

Back