Very basic question about the KCO field

maikeru-sama

I have never really understood what the KCO field is and I cannot seem to get a firm understanding of it. I have looked it up in the Data Dictionary and looked at the data to see if I can understand a pattern to no avail.

I am finally ready to insert into Z tables and I was trying to find out what the KCO field is as it seems to be different depending upon what type of transaction it is and isn't supplied in any of our interface data files we will be importing daily (which it probably isn't because Accounting determines that).

Looking at sample data from the current Z Table(s) import process written by an RPG programmer, below is some of the patterns that I found but don't understand why:

The programmer who wrote this process seems to be doing:
1. When it is just GL entries (F0911Z1), he always hard coded the KCO as "00001" even if the Fund (CO) was different. I am assuming it is hard coded, but again, if it is not, I would like to know what the KCO is.

2. When it is AP entries/vouchers (F0911Z1/F0411Z1), he seems to have left the KCO blank.

3. When it is AR entries/invoices (F0911Z1/F03B11Z1), the KCO and CO seem to always be the same, which is "00041".

I can just mimic what he did, but I want a firm understanding of what the KCO is and what is the logic behind choosing what to enter for this field for my own understanding and to make sure things are being done correctly.

Thanks in advance and I will continue to research the answer

I was able to find the answer to my question.

If 2 or more people that work for the same Parent Company, but different Sub Companies within the Parent Company, they could use different KCO values to denote that the origination document came from their perspective Sub Company.

Also, the KCO could be used so that Sub Companies, like I just mentioned would use their own next numbers.

didnt know that, and never needed to know that
cool.gif
but might come in handy one day. so thanx for sharing.

Back