UTB browsing-Moving columns

cgunnikrishnan

Hi all,

In Xe , for easy browsing of data in the UTB ,when we select the UTB column and move to the extreme left & double clik, it used to move & stay at the extreme left col. In 811 UTB, this does not seem to be the case.We have to drag the columns till the extreme left and then repeat this exercise for all the columns that we are interested in .

I know that this can be done in databrowser.But the limitation of five screens is a bother.Hence i prefer to use the UTB for data viewing.

Does anybody know about any solution/workarounds?

thanks in advance,

C.G.Unnikrishnan

This has been an issue since 8.9. We reported it but were effectively told to 'buzz off'.

I try hard not to make vendor recommendations on JDEList, but take a look at Data Access Studio from Dominion Software. We recently purchased this tool after viewing their demo during the last Quest expo. Data browser is OK when compared with UTB but it is definitely limited in functionality.

Probably told this because the direction is to use Crystal (remember, the roadmap for Crystal was envisioned even prior to the release of 8.9...yes, it wasn't actually available initially, but it was the intent). Crystal offers all of the customization for both reporting and data browsing, so UTB/Data Browser has sort of become a P3 or lower priority as far as changes/mods.

They haven't made any major enhancements to UTB since the before the turn of the millenium, so we weren't going to hold our collective breath.

Yes, Crystal is their preferred reporting tool due to the prior PeopleSoft relationship with Business Objects. Considering their provision of X free licenses for the product, it is at least worth investigating. Our users have compared the two and as far as JD Edwards software compatibility and "time to market" for an ad-hoc report is concerned, they preferred Data Access Studio.

Hi,

Thanks for all your comments. Will check back with out team here.

Merry Christmas!!

regards,

C.G.Unnikrishnan

Back