Unknown Jas sign in error

gge

Hi,

We are not able to log in the web environments (jpd, jpy, jdv).

We are using E1 8.11 sp1, sql 2000, websphere 5.0.2
When we try to log in the system returns an Unknown jas sign in error, please contact your system administrator.

The system was working well before, when i get support from peoplesoft they said to me to upgrade websphere to 5.0.2.9 with pme 5.0.2.6, but when we try to update the fixpacks couldn´t be installed totally , when i install the 5.0.2.2 the installation was succesfull, but for the next fixpacks they can´t be install totally and the system starts to be unstable.

I uninstall the upgrades and update the jas with 8.96 B1, we made the instances again, but we have the same problem.

When i see the logs the configuration is right, it seems like is not conecting well to the enterprise server but we check the odbc data source and the test is allright.

Any idea to solve this problem?

to install the 5.0.2.6 PME you must be on WS fixpak 5.0.2.6 and then you have to install WS fixpak 5.0.2.9 after that.

I think your first step is to get a successful install of a supported combination. For WAS 5.0 the first supported combination is WAS 5.0.2.3 and PME 5.0.2.2. Also, since you are trying to run 8.96_B1 (is there a reason to use this...as I wouldn't really suggest trying a TR until at the D1 or preferably the E1 one off) you'd probably be best going to the latest supported combo of WAS 5.0.2.12 and PME 5.0.2.6. Also, if you are at 8.96 TR you can use WAS 6.0.2. But really, I'd concentrate on getting a supported combo installed correctly. Remember, there is a very strict order in which the components need to be put down, be sure you are following it. And if you attempt to use WAS 5.0.12 and PME 5.0.6, there are some manual manipulations you'll need to perform.

Thank you for the recomendations,

But i think my real problem is that when i try to log in, in the log said that there is a database failed connection the table f00921 not found, but when i try to log in with an unexistant user the system knows that the user is incorrect, so i think that he is connecting to the enterprise.

It,s very strange, i don´t know what more can i do.

Thanks.

his version is supported. the currently supported versions are:

5.0.2.3Base/5.0.2.2Enterprise
5.0.2.9Base/5.0.2.6Enterprise
5.0.2.12Base/5.0.2.9Enterprise

i would be interested to know what the exact error in your jas.log & jderoot.log is? can you post this?

I agree...but if you read his original post, he stated he was using WAS base 5.0.2.2, because he couldn't get higher packs to install...which as you and I both agree, is not supported. As I said and stand by it, the first thing he needs to do is make sure he's at least at the first level of supported combination. Then yes, logs would be beneficial.

Hi,

I´m found this error on the jderoot:

16 jun 2006 09:19:21,074 [SEVERE] - [JDBJ] com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource System - 811. java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'PSFT'.
16 jun 2006 09:19:21,074 [SEVERE] - [JDBJ] com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource System - 811. com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource System - 811.
16 jun 2006 09:19:21,090 [SEVERE] - [JDBJ] com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [DATA_SOURCE_NOT_FOUND] Data source for F00921, TBLE not found. ([DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource System - 811.) com.jdedwards.services.objectlookup.DataSourceNotFoundException: Data source for F00921, TBLE not found. ([DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource System - 811.)
16 jun 2006 09:19:21,090 [SEVERE] - [JDBJ] com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [DATA_SOURCE_NOT_FOUND] Data source for F00921, TBLE not found. ([DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource System - 811.) com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [DATA_SOURCE_NOT_FOUND] Data source for F00921, TBLE not found. ([DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource System - 811.)
16 jun 2006 09:19:21,090 [SEVERE] - [JAS] Exception occured in the JDESignon.jdeSignon() :BuildUserSession Failed. com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [DATA_SOURCE_NOT_FOUND] Data source for F00921, TBLE not found. ([DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource System - 811.)
16 jun 2006 09:19:31,324 [SEVERE] - [JAS]

User LLLLis not Authenticated.Security Server return error status: 1/Unknown User

the problem is that if there are not conection with the enterprise, how can authenticate users and know when i introduce an unknown user?

I check the jas.ini, the jdbj.ini and i reinstall the jdbc driver but the same jas error appears for each instance of jas.

Anybody has a suggestion?

Thanks for all.

hi,

I have a couple of doubts:

The drivers files are in the carpet: C:\Program Files\Microsft jdbc driver for windows 2000\lib

The archives (msutil.jar, msbase.jar and mssqlserver.jar), must be copied in another place too?, I said that because i had installed websphere in another partition (E:), and maybe the drivers has to be copied in a directory inside websphere.

Another doubt: when i see the configuration inside jde, in the machine identifications, when i see the java aplication server, i see that in the url just put the name of the webserver, i need to change this for:

nameserver.dominio.local:port/jde/E1Menu.maf, or with the name of the webserver is fine?

Thank you for all suggestions, i have started as cnc two months ago and this is my first installation, and i´m not able to make it work.

Thanks.

From what I see...first and foremost...you have a login issue on the SQL server with users PSFT. First, check to see that the user PSFT has the appropriate priviledges to the system DB on your SQL server. Check to make sure the password is correct on the PSFT user for the system DB (you can't really check, but you can change it to what it "should" be). If the user you are attempting to log in with uses PSFT as the system user, ensure that the PSFT system user account has the correct password (system users are handled differently in 8.9 and above compared to 8.0 and XE.

I think the first error is most important here...if the user ID for the DB is bad...everything else it looks for after that will not work.

Hi,

The user psft is configured well, i tried to log in in the fat client and log without problem.

I found in the peoplesof search the same problem, but the solution they give is to put the path of the sql driver from administrative console, i did it, but the error still remains.

thank you for the suggestion.

The SQL drivers can be in any location on the server, as long as you point to them correctly during the installation or alter the .INI file if they are moved. Those three files are all that are needed.

HI,
I configured the jdbc drivers path manually from websphere administrative console.

The path of the drivers are correct, but the error remains, i can´t connect to the database.

I tried to copy the jar files (msutil,msbase y mssqlserver) into the lib folder of each instance, and introduce the new path in the administrative console, but it doesn´t work.

I´m posting my jas.ini and the jdbj.ini from jpd, i don´t know how to solve the problem:

The user psft looks allright.

The webserver connects with security server ( the logs show that the users are autenticate)

the error of database failed connection must be the driver, but i reinstall the driver again (jdbc driver for windows 2000 SP3)

I introduce the correct path of the driver (manually during the reinstalation of the enviroments, and then fron the administrative console).

The sistem can´t logon the users (psft and others users i created for tests).

I don´t know what else can i do to resolve the problem. Any body has a suggestion?

Thank you for all.

Regards.

Attachments

• 108390-ini.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 127
Hello ppl,
I m getting JAS serialization error on 8.11 setup with SQL...
any help..wht could be the cause and solution for the error...
Thanks

It appears that you have solved the problem - It has been 4 months since you last documented anything here. Would you please post your findings so others can benefit from your solution?

Hi,

Sorry for not say that the problem has solved, i wrote a message that never get published and i just see the thread now again.

The problem was that someone had changed the password for psft system user in jde, when i put the password to psft again everything works.

Regards.

Back