Unable to e-mail to external addresses

dsable

I am using the JDE_SendEMailSMTP function to send e-mail in a business function. If I send to an internal e-mail address ([email protected] where samaritan.org is my domain), it works. However, if I attempt an external address ([email protected]), it does not work. Rather, it responds with error code 45 which is eNoMsgRecips - No Receipts Address.

The person at JDE gave the following response. Has anyone come across this and knows what needs to be changed in the setup of exchange?

Thanks,

-Dave

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding your problems with external email addresses (i.e. outside your
domain), there isn't a setting in OneWorld that has this much fine control.
If you are able to email any external address (i.e. the ones in your
domain), then you have the JDE.INI and address book settings configured
properly.

I would recommend that you talk to your mail server administrator to see
what kind of security / restrictions have been placed on that box, with
regards to spam / external mail protection. To prevent mail relaying, they
may have turned on several security options to block this type of activity.
Unfortunately, I can't tell you exactly what to look for in this regards,
but your mail admin should know what to look for.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

I have run into this exact problem at a few clients and could do nothing about it. With one client I had it working and a few weeks it stopped working. With the help of their network administrator we were finally able to get it fixed.
|
The thing that had changed was that he had turned off the ability to anonymousley use the SMTP server to send emails. When JDE sends an SMTP email it does not have the ability to logon to the SMTP server with a specific user name. So it logs in anonymously to send the email. You can't change the JDE side. However, your network admin can change the SMTP settings to allow some anonymous emailing without opening it up to everyone. I am not sure the exact settings we used, but I believe that he was able to allow emails that were from a certain address or domain.
|
I am sorry I don't have the exact details, but I think this enough to get you network guy to fix the problem. After you get it fixed, perhaps you can gives the exact actions your network guy took to allow the email, then everyone will have the information.
|
|

Back