UDC description on a report

rekblad

Well Known Member
I have created a tabular financial report (copying standard JDE report R10111B) and want a UDC description (not the UDC itself, just the description) as the 1st column on the report followed by the actual account description, period amount, YTD amount, etc. The idea is to create a kind of outline to conform with the German reporting requirements.

The UDC (R001 -- aka 09/01) has blank as a valid value and "." as the description for blank. Level of detail 7 has all of the detailed transactions and for these accounts the UDC value is blank. For accounts at level 3, 4, 5, and 6 there are UDC values (not blank) and a description -- which is what I want in the 1st column.

1st try: drag the UDC value from the business view (V8300001) into the first position and then associate the description with this UDC. Hide the UDC field so only the description prints.

2nd try: add ER in Column Inclusion and use file I/O (F0005) by creating variables for the system code, UDC table, and using the BC value for the actual code associated with the account being processed to return the description001 field to a variable.

3rd try: use BF 'Get UDC' in Column Inclusion to return the description001 field to a variable.

4th try: move ER and 'Get UDC' to Do Section.

When I run the report I get the "." in front of the level of detail 7 records (which is what I expect) but nothing in front of the other levels (which is why I'm frustrated). In other words, the UDC associated with the detail lines (level of detail = 7) is captured and printed, but for the other accounts (level of detail 3-6) the value is not found and nothing appears on the report. This tells me the UBE is smart enough to find blank (".") on the UDC table so why isn't smart enough to find the others?

Using debugger for each of the 4 tries, I see the values in place just before the code which ought to return the description, but I get "NULL" after the code is executed except if the value is blank in which case I get ".".

One more thing which may or may not be relevant. Using UTB to look at F0005 (Format Data checked), I enter DRSY=09 and DRRT=01 which gives me the UDC table with all values. But I have to enter DRKY=*100 to view the specific code. In other words, I cannot simply enter 100 as expected. Is it possible the file is corrupt and this explains the problem?

Hope this explanation makes sense.......
Any ideas??

Rob
Xe 15.1 / Oracle / Sun / Unix

Rob,

DRKY is 10 characters in F0005, so you have to format your
value before passing it to GetUDC (use B9800150
RightJustifyUDCValue for example). That should solve your
issue

Cheers

Philippe

One World B7332 SP14.2 AS400

Rob,

I am not a programmer and can't help with the coding, however the following may explain why you have to use *100 in UTB to see the data.

The DRKY field is 10 characters long, and some UDC codes are shorter eg 3 characters. OneWorld tends to store this data right justified - that is, the data is padded with leading blanks, thus 100 may actually be ' 100' - that is 7 spaces follwed by '100'.

I have not checked if the UTB 'Format Data' option removes the leading blanks.

Hope this might provide some assistance

Regards Phil H.
B733.2, Oracle, RS6000 & NT4, Citrix Metaframe

B733.2 - SP11.3, NT, RS6000, Oracle

Rob,

Try this:

1. In RDA, include the UDC Field (temporarily) in your report section.
2. Select the field, then on the PullDown menu select "Edit"->"Associate"->"Description". This should automatically create a UDC description field associated with that UDC.
3. Hide the UDC field/Column so that only the description shows.

No E.R. is needed to populate the Description value. The runtime engine will do that for you.

Regards,

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials

I'm passing the DD value 'R001' to the business function GetUDC. This shouldn't require any additional formatting -- should it?

Rob

Rob

Hi Rob and List,

======================================================================
FORWARD: I just sent my reply to your issue on the Forum when I lost the connection to JDEList for a while. I also sent it as e-mail while I wasn't able to connect again. As I see, non of my replies appeared in your thread, so I copy here my reply again.

Excuse me, if my reply will appear more then once here.
Original reply:
Hi Rob,

Larry is right as usual, but as far as I know you want to retrieve Language Override of the Description which is sometimes problematical not as when you want to retrieve the original.

If Larry's and the other suggestions don't work, then here are my two cents:

1.) Try to left pad your UDC value with blanks to the length of your UDC (in your case it is 3 for 09/01).

RV UDCValueFromBSVW = lpad(RV UDCValueFromBSVW, ' ', 3)

After you have done it you can try the all other method again as associate description, the "Get UDC..." Business Function calls and FetchSingle Table I/O.

2.) If 1st does not work then first place your UDC value into KY Data Item based field and try again the same but this time with this field/variable.

Finally, you can fetch the Language Overrides of the UDC Descriptions from F0005D instead of F0005.

Please, let us know how did you solved your problem. Thanks.

Good luck,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Rob,

oops - should have read more carefully. See Zoltan's reply then.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Larry_Jones on 1/9/02 11:50 AM.</FONT></P>

Followup:
The UDC description needs to appear at the totaling level breaks and it will not. The report displays the detail records (which are at account level of detail 7) with the UDC desc., but what I really want is the UDC desc. to display at the totaling level (account level of detail 6, 5, 4 and 3). I have tried all the things you have suggested (thanks to all for your suggestions) but to no avail. I am preparing a packet to send to JDE under the assumption that this is a problem with the tabular report functionality itself.

Rob

Back