Triggers on F00165

GuitarMan

GuitarMan

Well Known Member
I was givin a requirement to create a facility to export text attachments to a custom table so that they could be exported to our data warehouse for use in Web Status display and other 3rd party services.
The BSFNs and UBE I created work fine to read through the F00165 for GT4201A and GT4915 type attachments, unencrypt them and write them to my custom tables.
I also placed a trigger on the F00165 to automatically write to these tables when a record is added or updated. Everything works fine in our lower environments but does not work correctly in Production. When the trigger is called, the lpBhvrCom comes into the code as NULL and the trigger fails. As I said, this does not happen in any of the lower environments.
Has anyone (Whipping Boy...) seen something like this before? I've rebuilt the trigger 3 times and still no change. Could there be some type of corruption in the table itself. All the functionality for attachments works correctly except for this trigger.
Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi, because F00165 is one of the "bootstrap" tables...
look in your jde.ini and see what is your "Default Env"
i suspect you will find it DV7333.Try changing that to PD7333

Thank you. Very good information. This seems to have solved my problem.

Two more questions:
Our F00165 is mapped to Business Data. The system still thinks it is a system data source. The server default env gets changed to VP7333 (Verification Env.) from PD7333 everytime a full package for VP is built and deployed.

1. Any ideas why the system still thinks table is a boot strap table even though it is not mapped to system data?

2. How do we inhibit this INI change from occuring?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sorry for my late reply but I took some time off .
1. Bootstrap tables are hardcoded and have nothing to do with OCM to system data or anywhere else for that matter
2. Every time you deploy a full package of any pathcode the jde.ini gets overwritten with the jde.ini at \\deploymentservername\B7333\OneWorld Client Install\MISC

so maybe you should also make your changes there... :)

Thank you for the reply and your time. I'll research how to inhibit the INI from being over written.

Back