TRICK FYI: filtering on QBE column with Zero value, where the column display rule is No Zero Balance

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
TRICK FYI: filtering on QBE column with Zero value, where the column display rule is No Zero Balance

Hi JDEList,

First of all excuse me, that I will place this post onto the Application and Tech Forum as well onto the Developers Forum.

The trick below is a byproduct of my daily work.
Maybe this trick is well known for many of you, but hope, will be new at least as many of you.

There are a lot of DD Items, which default Display Rule in Data Dictionary is "No Zero Balance" type, which means that blank field will be diplayed if the vaule is Zero. Tipically such a DD items the QTYINV Class DDs "Quantity - Inventory Quantities"

When you fill the QBE field over this volumn with Zero value combined with any relational operator or without and press Find, then the field will be wiped ut and the filtering won't work.

Try the following:
- fill the QBE field with your crteria, where the comparison value is Zero
- leave the field the way, that yo move the input focus/cursor onto/into an other QBE field
- the Zero sign will be disappear, but the operator will remain there
- press Find
- check the result

The TRAP of TRICK:
It well works on "equal to" relation, but in this case won't be relation operator remain in the cell, so nothing will indicate, that there is something filtering on this column.
If you stay on a Form longer time and forgot this filtering, then you can got head-ache easily and/or misunderstandable result and can make mistakes.

I do not know, does it Release and/or SP/TS level dependent, but it worked me on XE SP23.

Finally a request:
If somebody tried the trick on other Release and/or SP/TS level, then please, let us know the result, how does it work on that. Thanks!

Regards,

Zoltán

Back