Table Conversion Input Path

jdeow1

Hello Friends,
I have a doubt.In a Table Conversion,we specify the input path(path where the input file is residing) during the designing of the TC.But is it possible for us to take this path during run time(say from the PO).I tried doing such a thing,but ended up getting an error saying "Path not found".
Thankx n Regards

Hi jdeow1,

This issue had been discussed here several times.
Please, check the archive.

Briefly:
There is no way to change your input path at run-time in TC UBE.
I know two solution:

A.) Create a frame UBE (normal) and call the TC from it. When TC finished to generate the fixed path file, move or rename it from the caller UBE, which can has Processing Options as File Name for output and Version of TC UBE to call.

B.) Do not use TC UBE. Use normal UBE. Open / Write / Close the file with Flat File operation BSFN call. Construct the output string in ER using concatenation and data type conversions.

I generally do B.)

Hope, this helps a bit.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hey Zoltán,
Thankx for ur reply.But i was inquiring abt taking the inout file path at runtime.The input path file is specified in the PO and we take the file frm this path as the inout file and insert data into std JDE table.
Regards

Hi jdeow1,

Ooops, I missed input and output. I beg your pardon for this.

I modify my suggestion accordingly:

A.) Create a frame UBE (normal) and call the TC from it. BEFORE run the TC, move or copy fixed path file from the caller UBE, which can has Processing Options as File Name for INput and Version of TC UBE to call.

B.) Do not use TC UBE. Use normal UBE. Open / READ / Close the file with Flat File operation BSFN calls. ASSIGN VALUE TO THE OUTPUT FIELDS in ER using SUBSTRING and data type conversions.

Regards,

Zoltán

jdeow1,
One important point to think is if your ube/TC will run mono-threaded or multi-threaded. using TC you can only run 1 UBE for the same DS (because the flat file is the same).
Other alternative is instead of creating a flat file in TC, save the string formated into a Table, (Ex. F04572OW used for electronic payment) and then use a aplication that reads this string (formatted by TC) and copy to a flat file. With this, you can create the name you want without problems on names or multiple users, because each run of TC can have a different NN that can help to group your transactions.

Hope this help.

Back