Summing Calc Columns on Financial Reports

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
It's almost Christmas - maybe someone can provide a mental present to me!?? Really - you should be out shopping for the dawg, not helping me out... but, I'll forgive you if you have mercy...

--

In a financial report - I have a calculation column that is set equal to "Tons Inventory * Cost"

Now, on the on the Column-Tab, Total Row I have the calculation column set to SUM. My expectation was that the column would summarize from above (like in Excel). However - instead it calcs the summary(total) of Tons Inventory * the Summary(total) of Cost. The issue is the Summary of the Cost column. When the column is summed(totalled) - it's close to $400 a ton, while the average price per ton is actually a few dollars.

I can't average the Cost column - since some of the rows are zero, and
that would through off the average....

Thoughts/suggestions are welcome...

(db)

Daniel,

You may have already solved this yourself, but in case you haven't, here is a suggestion - in theory, I have not tested it. If you need to exclude rows where the "Tons Inventory * Cost" is zero, insert another column that is zero if "Tons Inventory * Cost" is zero and one if it is not. Then the average you require will be the the total of the "Tons Inventory * Cost" column divided by the total of the new column.

Back