Subsystem jobs

rival

Hello

Today I was very surprised, I saw the subsystem jobs for the first time, and there were 30000 jobs waiting.

Can somebody explain me what the subsystem functionality is, and when its usefull. We have no problems of any kind and the batches that are waiting are unknown for us. Can I delete these jobs?

Please give me some explanation?

Thanx in advance,

Ronald
xe windows 2000 citrix sql70

Ronald,

I suspect you are referring to OneWorld subsystem processing !
If thats the case then it looks like that somebody has functionally configured OneWorld to start the subsystem jobs i.e. one of the processing options for an interactive program e.g. P4210 has been set to run a specific UBE/Version. Every time this APPL is run a record will be inserted into the F986113 and unless there is a subsystem UBE running continuously. These jobs will be stuck 'waiting'.
So if you are not 'consciously' using subsystem processing. Switch the processing option off and truncate the F986113 table.

cheers

Ger

Currently OneWorld B7332/Xe Windows NT SQL 7.0 Server SP3/ Citrix XP (Experienced on all platforms)

Hello,

I suspect that your subsystem waiting records have been inserted because interoperability has been switched on somewhere.

One example of how this may happen is if the master business function for voucher entry has interoperbility set to blank in P0400047 then it will use the ZJDE0001 version of P0400048 to retrieve interopability processing options. Standard supplied Edwards in version ZJDE0001 uses transaction type of JDEVOUCH. Because of this we got here thousands of subsystem table records written into SVM7333/F986113 automatically on a daily basis.

Resetting this transaction type PO to blank solved the problem here. Hope this helps.

Andrew Holder

Xe SP16.1, as400 V4R5M0

I just notice I alos have over 71K subsystem jobs in waiting status aminly for R00460 and R09801. will this at some point cause issues and what will happen if I turn it off and how do I do it. Also what willhappen if I delete the jobs.

Cleola Isaacs
CNC Administrator/Network Analyst
Xe Update 2 SP 16
Enterprise AS/400
WTS NT 4.0

You are taking a hit on the DB side since the select on the table is looking
for a value that is 0 in every record (can't remember the field but this is
resulting in full table scans). Best thing is to turn off the processing
options of the offending programs. You can truncate the table every night if
you feel like it. It won't affect a thing.

Mark Siebenschuh

Mark Siebenschuh
HP9000/Oracle 8.0.5/JDE XE/Lots of Citrix

Holderman, your post from the other day was very helpful. I have always wondered what the "adding to subsystem R00460' was and did not know how to turn it off. I have fixed the PO so that it does not update the interoperability table F0411Z3. While checking that table, I also checked all others that were interoperability related and found that payments are also using some of the subsystems. The F0413Z1 and the F0414Z1 are being populated. Do you know which application calls for the PO that would do this? I found the MBF P0400297 but don't know where this is being called from. Any ideas would be appreciated. Also, I assume that I can truncate these tables without any harm?
Thanks for your help.
Karin

Prod: OneWorld Xe Update 3 SP17
Oracle 8.0.6, RS6000, AIX 4.2, Win 95/98, WTS, HTML clients

Back