Starting with JDE 8.1

Otto Ozaki

Sorry for my newbie question but I first have contact with JDE yesterday.
I work with C# and ASP.Net. A few days ago, exactly 3 days ago I have been told that a client from our company didn’t let us access their database and I would need to create a way to get their data thru JD Edwards and made it generate a XML report. Yesterday I started to work on it and I have never seen JDE before.
My first thought were to try the easiest way creating a custom report using Design Report Aid. Later I realized the possibility to use business function and Visual C++. After reading a Tutorial with JDev on Hands-on 2008.
Today I made my first “Hello World” with Design Report Aid but I don’t know if I am taking to right path neither have enough documentation.
My idea at this moment is something like to create a XML template and someway import this to JDE and customize what fields is going to be used and generate a XML file. The client is using JDE OneWorld 8.10

I would really appreciate any answer.

Otto,
=C2=A0
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 You are on the wrong list.=C2=A0 There is a separate lis t for OneWorld/Enterprise One.=C2=A0 JDE World is technically different fro m JDE One World.=C2=A0 So you would get better responses if you post this t o the JDE One World list instead of the JDE World list.
=C2=A0
John Dickey

Otto, your issue is a JDE Enterprise 1 question.
Post your question to one of the JDE Enterprise 1/One World forums on jdelist.com.
JDE World is a different architecture from what your client is using.

Back