Spec file lock

paulcutox

Dear all,
3 weeks ago my OneWorld installation stops to work properly.
My release is ERP8 SP22 distributed via Citrix Metaframe 4.0 and based on a blade server farm HP.
Randomly and without a specific cause users lock spec file; when a new user try to connect receive the message:
C:\B7\PD7334\spec\xxxx.xdb is in use by another user. (xxxx variable spec file).
After this error message the system became complitely instable and dangerous(Data Selection lost on update batches, DB update replicated ... ) and we can just logoff all users, disable server and deploy a new OneWorld package.
The only operation executed on the server farm in this period (december) is an Antivirus Update (TrendMicro from rel 7.3 to re. 8)
Someone can help me with this problem?
Tks in advance.

Paul

OW ERP8 SP22 coex WS A73 cum 11
AS/400 DB2
Application Server AS/400
Citrix 4.0

You can try putting the TAMMultiUserOn=1 in the [DEBUG] section of the client JDE.INI, which may help but it won't eliminate it %100. Unfortunately I've never heard of a permanent solution. Also, try excluding the B7 directory from your antivirus scan and see if that helps.

Saluti Paul,

I see the same issue once or twice a year on my system. XE, SP23, on citrix. I do the same thing. Take the server out the farm, refresh the package, reboot the server, and toss it back in. Have you tried building and deplying a new full package? It might not fix the problem, but it can't make it any worse.

Ciao,

Gregg Larkin
North American JDE System Administrator
Praxair, Inc.

Tks Gregg,
Yes, with 2 different pgk and tonight we'll deploy a new one ...
Do you have an Antivrus software on your farm?
Now i'm searching in the Antivir direction.
Ciao.

Sorry Gregg ... my way to write english ... is so Italian?
smile.gif
:):)

Dear cncjunior1.
TAMMultiUser is on (=1).
The Antivirus is managed by a supplier and they know the exclusion rule for the B7 directory ... I will check if this rule has been deleted during AV Upgrade.
TKS.

Buona Sera Paul,

Not to worry, your English is far better than my Italian. We use Trend as our anti-virus solution. I know that we exclude the JDE directories on the deployment server. I don't think we do anything special for the terminal servers. To the best of my knowledge they are fully scanned. We also maintain real-time scanning on those servers, which has been very helpful in squashing viruses. I have users from five countries accessing my terminal servers daily. They run into a lot of potential viruses.

Ciao,
Gregg

Back