Solution Explorer Hangs Fat Client

Radjammin2

I had to post this, I had this problem for over a year with no chance of solving it. I finally figured it out.

Symptom:
When loging into the Solution Explorer (Fat Client) The login hangs on Object Librarian and the second window never closes.

Attempts at solving,
It was so strange, only a particular user account would have the problem. For instance if I logged into the same fat client with a different user it, it would work fine. I first tried to create new user ids for the effected user, but it just came back. Then I started deleting user profiles on the computers were it was effect, but that was a real pain. Easy to do, but allways was a 15 min re-setup. I checked on JDEList and Peoplesoft.com but never found a soulution. Finally I figured it out!

Solution:
Delete the user prferences in the Registry under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\JDEdwards\OneWorld\Solution Explorer\Settings.%User Having Problem%

Problem fixed. I figured I would post to help out anyone with such an irritating problem.

Bug found: I am pretty sure one of the values in the user profile gets corrupted to an inaccurate value causing login to hang. I would spend the time to figure it out, but it's quite easy to just delete the entire profile and just login again.

Enjoy,
Jamin

I've had this problem intermittenly for a long time and have always used the same "delete the registry" solution as you. For some reason it seems to happen more often if I am building a lot of packages. But I've also had it happen to users who don't build at all...go figure.

I actually think it's trigger happy users. During the intialitation of the app it does several activites. If you close it or mess with it seems to happen more often.

Of course this is a product defect, you can't have an app that doesn't work for people that like to click the mouse.
shocked.gif

Back