Significance of CO field in sales order

guru

Hi

Recently I got DMAAI error while updating sales order. It was picking a different company than the one in KCOO field. Later I found that the company populated in CO field is diiferent than KCOO.

I couldn't change CO from front end as I couldn't find this field in P4210. After correcting it from back end the update ran successfully. I am failing to understand how this field gets populated.

I am working on E1 8.12. Can anyone please help out?

Thanks

Kaushik

Kaushik,

the meaning of KCOO field within F4211 table is: company issuing present sales order.
The meaning of CO field within F4211 table is: company owner of the source branch/plant (see MCU).

In other words: you are probably talking about an intercompany sales order (see SI order type in the standard setup) where company A (see KCOO) is using company B inventory (see CO).

Ciao,

Carlo

Thanks Carlo. It is a normal supply order and not an Inter company. It has something to do with Adjustment schedule as on removing the schedule the CO field restored to corrcet comany (as in KCOO). Please let me know if you have any idea on this. Thanks again. Kaushik

Kaushik,

I have no clue on why adjustments (see F4074 transactions) are allowed to change / override CO field within F4211, but I'm pretty curious to get whether it's a bug or an "undocumented feature"(!).

In essence:
in my experience CO field is always consistent with MCU (branch/plant) field within F4211 table, and this can have impacts on DMAAI retrieval for inventory account (see 4240 DMAAI used by R42800).

Kind regards, ciao.

Carlo

The KCOO is the 'owner' or originator of the sales order, but if you ship orders from another branch/co/bu the CO field will be populated by that branch's CO #. It might depend on POs on the P4210 version if this happens programmatically or manually based on item availability at order entry, pick slip print, etc. We have it set to assign the ship from (CO) warehouse based on availability. This should allow you to update the field in the SO detail but, that is also locked down if the status is beyond the limit set up in the PO.

Back