Short Fiscal Year Change

Tracy Gray

Hello! We have a requirement to change one of our companies from a fiscal date pattern (Oct through Sep) to a calendar year. We need to close 2009 which is still open but there are several months of transactions. Our concern is that the process for changing date patterns in JDE is primarily centered around the GL so our transactional data will be stamped with the wrong FY. If anyone has any experience with this we would appreciate your insight.

Thank you,
Tracy

After you make the changes to your fiscal date patterns you will have to run two UBEs. One to recalculate the fiscal year and period number on your existing transactions and a second one to repost those transactions to F0902.

I suggest you contact Oracle support. I believe they have detailed instructions on the process.

Hi Brad-

Thank you very much for your response. We did contact JDE and we have the steps to complete the change in the F0911 and F0902. Our concern is that we are closing this year early which means we will have transactions already in the system back to January that should be for 2010 but when they were written the year was 2009. I believe FY 09 is stamped on all of the Customer Ledger, Sales Order Detail, and other records. Have you had any experience with this?

Thanks,
Tracy

Once you update your fiscal date patterns and change the date pattern on your companies (not always necessary), then you run two programs in this order: <ul type="square"> [*]Calculate Fiscal Year and Period (R099103)[*]Repost Account Ledger (R099102) [/list] The first program examines your account ledger (F0911) transactions. It accesses the GL Date and using your (new) fiscal date pattern recalculates which fiscal year and which period number the transaction in and changes them on your existing transactions.

The second program zeros out your account balances in F0902 and reposts your previously posted transactions to the correct (new) fiscal year and period number. The second program should not be run for ledger types that do not have F0911 transactions supporting the F0902 account balances. Usually this applies to the BA ledger.

Before you start this process, you should run your all integrity reports and resolve all issues. These programs should be run off-hours when no one is on the system and they take a l o n g time to run.

I do not have any experience running this program with Sales Order. Regarding the Customer Ledger (F03B11) I don't recall fiscal year and period number being stored in the records. Unfortunately I can't access the table structure to verify that for you. The revenue and tax distributions for the Customer Ledger are stored in F0911, so the two programs will update them.

Hi Tracy,

We are in a similar situation, changing from non-claendar Oct-Sep to calendar Jan-Dec.
I am working on the steps involved, would appreciate if you could share / emial me the steps you would take for the change over.

Thanks
ashlai

Back