Serialization

peisenmann

I am evaluating options for implementing serialization in OneWorld. It appears that the basic serialization table (F4220) will not allow serial numbers to be transferred between branch plants on transfer orders. I get an error when I try to receive, in one branch, a serial number that has shipped from a different branch. The F4220 table will not allow the serial number to exist in two different records even if the branch ids different. My conclusion is that I must use advanced serialization to allow serial numbers to be transferred between plants. Please confirm or advise. Thanks.

Are you actually TRANSFERRING the producting using the Transfer procedure in JDE?

Check "System Constants" by Branch Plant from the Branch Plant Constants app. "Allow Duplicate Lots" needs to be set to 3 (Unique to item; multiple branch plants). I think JDE default is 1 (Unique to 1 item, 1 branch plant).

I am not doing an inventory transfer. I am using a transfer SO/PO to move items between branches. After I ship an SN, I cannot receive it in the other branch/plant because the F4220 will not allow a duplicate SN even if it is in a different branch/plant.

Thank you for the recommendation. I tried changing the constant to "3" and it did not work for me. I believe this setting will allow duplicate lot numbers (LOTN) in the F41021, but has no affect on the serial number field (SRL1) in the F4220. I am trying to use basic serialization which uses SRL1 to record SN's.

Paul,

Did you activate the lot creation flag in the BP constants ? This flag also applies to serial numbers. When you receive a lot (or serial number) on BP X and it does not yet exist, it automatically creates the lot.

Back