Same invoice & PO#

Jeff73

Well Known Member
Hi!
On the Sales side, sometimes when printing invoices, we get two invoices that have the same invoice# AND order#, yet the content (detail lines) on each one is different. So the totals and everything on each one separately are fine, but these are obviously different transactions and customets get really confused. Has anybody run into anything like that? And what could be the reason?
Thanks,
J.[blush]

Jeff,

Are the terms different on the detail order lines? That will cause you to
have 2 different invoices. They will post to AR separately with a numbered
pay item.

Chuck Bower
VP of IS
Coachmen Industries, Inc.
A73C8

Re: RE: Same invoice & PO#

Thanks Chuck.
Do you mean "payment term"? Because I've checked the detail lines and couldn't see anything like that. I also know that those could come from the customer table, too...
J.

RE: RE: Same invoice & PO#

Yes, it is field SDPTC in table F4211. If you have any discrepancy in
payment terms in your detail lines (some lines are COD, some are net 30,
etc.) you will get a page break on your invoice. Also, do you run
multicurrency? If so, any discrepancy in the detail lines for currency code
will do the same thing...

Chuck Bower
VP of IS
Coachmen Industries, Inc.
A73C8

Re: RE: RE: Same invoice & PO#

Your posting was a lot of help. Thanks again. I just queried and found out that sdptc is ok on F4211. However, on F42199LA, there is a discrepancy that definitely causes that issue. Now, I'll be trying to find out how those term codes found their way into that table: they're supposed to be exclusively pulled off another table and no user touches those fields during order entry... Need some imagination!
Thanks again,
J.

Hi list,
This is always regarding the invoice with the unusual break caused by different payment terms. The SO has the same payment term on all detail lines, yet the invoice shows some lines with a different one. Checked F42199LA and found that the payment term field on those lines was blank (which corresponds to our default paym. term value), as opposed to the one on the SO.
Every user seems to have no access to those payment terms that come straight from the SO header by default. The invoice is automatically generated via a batch that runs at the end of the day.
Has anybody come across anything similar? If so, please share reasons that might have caused this?
Thanks in advance,
J.

Are you sure that it is payment terms causing the page break? I have had
experiences where lines with different business units caused the page
break. Could this be the problem?

Jill Fralick
ABB Flexible Automation
Auburn Hills, MI 48313
A7.3 cum 10
(248) 391-8618

Back