Sales Update

Vineet

We have something like 10 GL Accounts for Accounts Receivable. Therefore there are as many GL Class code for Customers. However, the customer Master Allows only one GL Class to be defaulted. Is there anyway we can control the way GL class code will be populated, while doing sales update ?

You could use the 4245 DMAAI table using different company/document type/G/L
class code combinations... have you looked at that? will that work for you?

Hi Vineet

Am I understanding correctly you wish to split debtors? If this is the case R42800 has no bearing on this at all. The G/L class on the sales order is (initially) determined by the item that is being sold not by the customer to whom you are selling. This G/L class then determines through the AAI's where COGS, Revenue and Inventory are posted. The Trade Debtor entry is created at posting time after R42800 has been run. The posting program will look at the RCxxxx AAI and determine where trade debtors is posted. xxxx is the G/L class entered against the sold to address number in the billing instructions. So if you wish to split debtors you will need to setup separate customers for each Trade Debtors account. An alternative may be to activate line of business processing and setup separate G/L classes (AIARC) by LOB in F03012. Personally I haven't tried this, so I don't know if this will fully satisfy your needs.

If my understanding of your dilemma is incorrect and you wish to split COGS and revenue based on customer properties, I would look at flex accounting and based on eg a cat code in the address book, post to a different business unit, Subsidiary or subledger.

Hope this helps,

Back