Sales Update Errors for STOT

Jessica88

Well Known Member
Hi there,

I'm getting errors when I run sales update on STOTs. For some , it is telling me the following :

The Automatic Accounting Instruction (AAI) number 4250 used by this
application is not defined in the Distribution/Manufacturing AAI table.
RESOLUTION : Review the AAI that is not set up correctly using the
Distribution/Manufacturing AAI maintenance application and set
up or modify the required data.
Check the information for Company 00001 , Order Type ST and
GL CLass code TXTX .

For other lines in the same order as above, it is telling me the following :

The Automatic Accounting Instruction (AAI) number used by this
application is not defined in the Distribution/Manufacturing AAI table.
RESOLUTION : Review the AAI that is not set up correctly using the
Distribution/Manufacturing AAI maintenance application and set
up or modify the required data.
Check the information for Company , Order Type and
GL CLass code .

.... without specifying what the company , order type and gl class are .

Also I set my sales update version to bypass AR so it should be looking for AAI 4245 , why is it then asking for AAI 4250.

Thanks to help urgently.

Jessica.

Jessica, Take a look at your version of Sales Order entry that you are using for Transfer Orders. On the "transfers" tab do you have the processing option set to apply taxes?

If you do, Sales Tax was applied when the transfer was entered, now Sales Update is trying to write out the JE's for taxes (G/L class TXTX)

Hi DBarr2,

I checked my version of Stock Transfer and the processing option was set to Blank meaning that it will apply taxes but it should not . So what do I do now ?

Thanks for an urgent reply .

Regards,
Jessica.

Jessica, Are Invoicing these orders? If not,
try running R42950, with the version of P4210 that your using for transfers.

Hi Jessica

Is this a recent error and have previous ST orders processed successfully? Have any changes been made in your setup?

Anyway, from what I recall is that even when you do not use sales tax and instead use VAT or GST or any other added tax, R42800 will stil vaildate the tax setup in AAI 4250. You may find you already have settings in there for other order types (eg SO). By adding an AAI for CO 00001 (or 00000 as a catch all), GL Class TXTX (this is the default, the actual GL Class is read from the tax rate/area setup (P4008)) your issue should go away. Even though the AAI is read, no actual GL entries will be created, but nevertheless I would point the AAI to an actual suspense account.

Hope this helps,

Rgds

Hi BDarr2 and Sef,

I managed to sort out the problem - it was due to the F4211 having 'OUTPUT' and 'V' for the ST records. Once I remove them, it went through Sales Update successfully.

Now I have another issue. Given STOTs are stock transfers and not true Sales , is it possible to may be use another document type with a different sequencing when running Sales Update ?

Thanks,
Jessica.

Back