Sales Order Header for a new Order - Where is the data stored?

pfd

Reputable Poster
When a user enters data on a SO Header screen for a new order and OKs to the SO detail, at that point where is all the data that the user entered on the SO header screen stored?
I looked at F4201 & F42UI01 and it was not there.

I want to manipulate data entered in the Sales header when the user is on the Sales detail screen for a new order.

Thanks,
Matt

OneWorld Xe,SP 18.1, Windows 2000, SQL Server

<F4211 and a whole bunch of other tables>

Is there a specific field or groups you are looking for?

(db0

--

Matt,

I don't use Sales Orders, but I do use Purchase Orders. The Purchase Order Header is in F4301 and the detail is in F4311. Have you tried F4211 for the information you seek?

Hope this helps.

At this point the data that you have entered resides in a memory cache - created by the 'BeginDoc' function from the SOE Master Business Function. It uses 'F42UI01' to name it - just remember this is a memory cache - not a table. As you enter detail lines these are also written to a memory cache - named F42UI11, created by 'EditLine'. Once you press OK to place the order the 'EndDoc' business function is called - it reads the 'F42UI11' cache and writes records to F4211 table, it then reads the 'F42UI01' cache and writes the F4201. On the 'BeginDoc' business function there is a parameter named something like 'SourceofData' which indicates whether memory caches or tables are being used. Sales Order Entry uses memory caches, I think some of the EDI processes use tables - here you will see records appearing briefly in the F42UI01 and F42UI11 tables - other processes would use some if the other tables/settings for this parameter.

Thanks for all your replies. I want to be able to access a number of fields, entered on the Header like Delivery Instructions, Customer PO Credit Card # and display it on the SO detail form. I want to access these fields on the detail screen and be able to change it.
How do I fetch these fields from cache and then update it with new values?

Is there like a Fetch F42UI11 and then Update F42UI11 statement( using some standard Business Function)?

Thanks,
Matt

We resorted to have C bsfns written to read/update F4201 cache.
We also did this for F$2UI11 and F42UI12 cache.
We did this because we couldn't find a "nice" JDE bsfn for this requirement.

Regrets in that I didn't write it, so I can't give you the code.....

Hi,
1.I did it after the F4211 End Document, changing the funtion to synchronous and after this the update. May be is not the best but it works.
2. Before the funtion F4211 Edit Line, process the changes and send it the values.

Greetings.
EML

Hi, hope this help you.

At P4210's procesing option
Tab Default
Option 10. Update header to detail

Check if this option has a '1', if this not copy the fields you need track this PO and apply your changes at P4211.

Regards
Luis F. Alvarez
WS A7.3 AS400, OW XE SQL 7.0

Hi EML,

I have done exactly the same way like you & it does works perfectly.

Matt you may try this way...hope it will help you.

Thanks & Regards,
ajit

Hello List,
the sense of the cache is to have somthing like transaction processing, if you do an EndDoc before the last detail ist entered, you do not only destroy this mechanism, you will slow down the SO entry, too!
I guess there is an internal BSFN in B4200311 "I4200310_RetrieveHdrWFRcd" which might solve you problem, you only will have to create a wrapper BSFN for that Function.
Regrads,
Carsten

Back